Trend T11 Table Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've just been reading about the Trend T11 router which, when inverted, can be raised from above.

It has an integral raising device.

Cheers
Neil

I read that too, but why go for that when the Triton is designed specifically for under a table, and is easily adjustable by simply turning a handle. The Triton is cheaper too.

I've just had a frightening thought - I'm beginning to sound like a Woodrat owner! Think I'll shut up now.

John

I had the same thought re the Triton, its a pity the review (in GWW) did not make that comparison. I wonder what the Street price for the Trend will be.
John

"I've just had a frightening thought - I'm beginning to sound like a Woodrat owner! Think I'll shut up now."

Whats wrong with being a Woodrat owner -:)
Guilty as charged

Never having knowingly met one, I can't say. But they do have a worrying ability to become evangelists, and with the vehemence (?sp?) and intensity of Rev. Ian Paisley, heightened only when someone mentions the word Leigh!

It's a larf, innit? John

There is a review of both the T11 and its smaller brother the T10 in this months Router magazine.

It appears that they are both a redesign of the Dewalt 625E, One part that has been changed is the base which can now be connected directly to a Trend Clamp Guide. It also includes a "Quick Release System", and as you say it can be raised up and down from above a router table.

They really rate the bigger T11, which won the best on test.

Regards

Woody

There's also a review in this months copy of The Router(june/july).....as its Trends 50th anniversary their doing a review of their new products.
They have it down as £311.38 which is sixty odd pounds dearer than the trition but it does have the ability to be raised and lowered from above the table.......whether thats worth the extra money remains to be seen,but its a nice touch :D

From the very limited info on Trend site, it looks like a T9 with a very slightly different base to allow it to be raised from above. I guess that you cannot operate the plunge lock after raising without reaching underneath though

Looking forward to finally recieving my copy of GWW and reading about it :roll: but then I do live 30 odd miles away from Neil

Back