Trend T11 Recall!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it that my numbers only ever come up in things like this and not the lottery. :roll:

Philly - thanks for putting this info up and also thanks to eagle eyed Trev for phoning me to tell me about it. =D>

I think Trend should have contacted me, don't you? After all its only for 600 units.

I picked up the phone to Trend after seeing the link - item returned once its inspected etc etc. Not likely thank you very much.

Very pleasant guy on the phone - couldn't understand why I hadn't been contacted. Router being picked up tomorrow and new one delivered next week when the next consignment comes in. When I explained that I couldn't be without the router for a week (or longer if the consignment is delayed), he immediately volunteered the loan of a T9 which is being sent out by courier this afternoon.

Having handled recalls from the other side of the fence I know how tricky they can be and the little things make all the difference to customer reaction. So far it looks like Trend are going the right way about it.

Cheers

Tim

Who still doesn't like the thought of 6kg of router and panel raising bit helicoptering its way around the workshop at 22k rpm!

I had a letter this morning saying that they will deliver a new one next week (I'll be on hols), but they need the old one back. Nice letter, suitably professionally apologetic.

BTW, saw a DeWalt man last week. It's official, the router itself is made by DeWalt in the same factory to the same standards as the 625, then sold to Trend. Only difference is the colour of the housing. And the baseplate of course. I told him my T11 was better-made than my 625 - he gave me a queer look. Perhaps my 625 is just a Friday afternoon model.

Now, can anyone tell me where I put those expensive hinges I bought a couple of weeks ago? A hint? Anyone?

Cheers
Steve

Actually, Chris, they were in the lounge, amongst a load of mags and papers on the shelf underneath the coffee table. I really must get SWMBO to have a good sort out.
Of course, none of it is mine... :whistle:

Cheers Steve

Back