*** TREND *** Routing Competition - PRIZE - TREND T5 ROUTER.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
The prize has kindly been donated by Trend. :D

The competition is open to everyone but please note if you win, and you are outside the UK or Ireland, then you will be responsible for the carriage from the UK and any additonal costs such as duty.

There is only one prize, but the specification will vary, due to the electrical requirements of each country.

In the UK and Ireland the prize will be a Trend T5 Mk2.

In the rest of Europe, as the Mk2 is not available, the prize will be the European Trend T5.

If there is a winner outside Europe, the specification of router will be discussed with them at the time. As this is an electrical item there could be all sorts of differences and the final decision, as regards to suitability, will rest with myself and Trend.

The project will be a small table. This could be a coffee table, bedside table etc. Dining tables are not allowed.

The project must largely have been undertaken with a tailed router and, if available, a biscuit jointer.

Anyone wishing to enter, must post some work in progress photographs on, or before, the 31st December 2004. Where possible, these photographs should show details of any joints used. The final photographs must be posted on, or before, the 31st January 2005. The winner must also guarantee to use the prize.

The judges will base their decision on the photographs.

The winner will be announced on, or before, the 14th February 2005.

Any further rules or small print will be made up as we go along. :wink:

There will be, at least, three judges and if you wish to offer your services, please send me a pm.

Good luck and I hope you all enjoy it. Once again, thank you Trend for this generous prize.

Neil

Looking forward to it Neil.

There's a certain member i know who will want to
win, so he can keep a 30mm guide bush permanently
set up in it. :roll:

TX

Suggested closing date: 25/12/05 :D

Aragorn,
IMHO i prefer the ambiguity.
When the judges see my ''small table'' and say....
''what the blazes is that?'', no matter how bad it is,
i can still say it meets the entry criteria :shock:

TX

One question, does the table top have to be made only from wood or can other materials be inlaid into the surface within a wooden frame ?

Hi Dave

Dr. Thrax":19o71dbn said:
One question, does the table top have to be made only from wood or can other materials be inlaid into the surface within a wooden frame ?

The choice of top is entirely with you.

Please note that the project should be made primarily with a tailed router and, if available, a biscuit jointer. If the judges felt that this hadn't been met then it might mean that you do not score as highly as you might have done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Dave

Dr. Thrax":14dm7tr5 said:
Thanks but sorry to appear to be thick but what does 'tailed router' mean :oops: :D

Charley's cleared it up for you, but the hand tool brigade also refer to them as tailed devils. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Lol, yeah, I had forgotten there are 'hand routers' available, couldn't think of a 'router' without a power lead :roll: :D Tell me, if you don't have a Biscuit Jointer will the router cutter known as a 'biscuit jointer set' be just as suitable ?

Hi Dave

The short answer is yes, it will do the same job.

The long'ish version is that set up is lengthy and if you are looking to use biscuits on an ad-hoc basis then you really would be better off considering a biscuit jointer.

Cheers
Neil

Back