*** TREND *** Routing Competition - PRIZE - TREND T5 ROUTER.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil,

Just read this and now understand why you might have asked whether I have WIP pictures of my two tone table.

Just one query re prize: If it can be shown that the table has been made primarily with a router and a biscuit jointer it follows that the entrant must already own a biscuit jointer and a router. While a second one may be useful ( I already have two - a 1/4 in for edge work and a 1/2 that is normally in the table) could I suggest that a prospective prize could also be Trend products to the value of?
Otherwise it sort of reminds me of the government business set up grant that is available if you can show that you are doing different and exciting furniture making in the market - ergo you must already be set up and have a customer base!! :roll:

Doesn't mean I'm not grateful for the chance to compete for a great prize but just a thought.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

tim":4ugpt8q6 said:
Just read this and now understand why you might have asked whether I have WIP pictures of my two tone table.

The reason behind asking for wip photos is that a significant part of the scoring will be given for the joints used and their quality.

tim":4ugpt8q6 said:
Just one query re prize

The condition about which tools to use and the prize was set by Trend. You can understand why you would not want it being won by someone using a tablesaw or just hand tools. It would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Cheers
Neil

The condition about which tools to use and the prize was set by Trend. You can understand why you would not want it being won by someone using a tablesaw or just hand tools. It would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Understand all of that - all I'm saying is that more turkeys might vote for christmas if there was ham or beef on the menu as well!! Appreciate that your hands are tied but if you don't ask....

T

Anyone actually finding the time to have a go at this one??
I know I'm not, but would quite like to enter.

Mind you, I'd probably need to extend the deadline by about 2 months to stand a chance!

Well I dunno that my current effort will meet the criterior sufficiently; maybe I can work in a bit more router stuff, as long as I don't have to use the Power Devil... The usual trouble; I could actually do with the prize to make the entry!
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

Yep, I'm still feeling daft enough to enter my router table :oops:

I think I've done enough to justify a progress report, so I'll try to get it written up this week.

NeilCFD

Sorry I am so far away from the action (Western Australia). I have constructed a table with the router as the main tool and I think it is great to see a challenge of this nature. (getting people to use their router more effectively).
I have just been employed (after retiring for four years ) to teach woodwork in the Association for the blind and only last year I had one of my clients (when I was working as a volunteer) make such a table completely with the router (No biscuit machine) so come on all make this great effort for a worthy cause.
Tom

Hi all

I'm sorry but due to a technical hitch, and my ineptitude, the announcement of the winner might be delayed a little.

Please accept my apologies and I will get back to you all as soon as possible.

Thanks
Neil

Hi all

We are just waiting for the final numbers to come in from the US and then we'll be able to announce the winner.

The quality of the entries has been excellent and it has been a difficult time for the judges.

The judges were asked to award up to five points for each of the entrants in all of the following categories: -

Originality.
Quality of joint/s used.
Proportions.
Choice of materials used.
Quality of finish.
Did you find it pleasing?

Currently, all of the judges gave their highest votes to the same individual.

I will update you as soon as I can.

Thanks
Neil

Hi all

Sorry about this but we have a slight delay with the US figures.

Given the time difference, I am hoping that I will be in a position to post the results tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Neil

Back