Trend router competition (finally finished)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
One little table, its a nice height for me when i get a chance to sit. the top is perpex for now the glazier is too busy to cut me a bit of glass for it. time is an issue for now so i ended up putting 2 coats of danish oil on it, will probobly get another coat or 2 eventually. i stiffened up the corners with miller dowels, i felt the biscuits werent quite enough on their own, its also a decorative feature as well. Hope this met with the judges criteria
DSCF1519.jpg

hope you like
regards
Ian

Really imaginitive piece of work there Ian. Very nice and must have taken ages to make

That is an absolute cracker. :shock:

I am glad that I never got round to entering this competition now - I can't compete with that! :cry:

Well done. A very original idea :idea:, and superbly executed. (hammer)

Ian

Looks fantastic....Where did you get your inspiration from?

and i hope you dont say "The Krypton Factor" 8)

as taffy said

its brill

ian neil will say its banned cos you used wood 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ian,

Looks very neat, especially the jigsaw jointing. Well done.

It reminds me a bit of those segmented wooden snakes one used to see. I reckon your next table should emply that sort of joint to make a an expanding coil that the top sits on!

Ian

Great stuff - really like it - are you going to get glass in it after Christmas?

One thing I thought after your comment in the previous post:

I attached a wireless pinhole camera to the body of the router and watched it on a portable tv to ensure I wasn’t wandering, the camera setup didn’t work as good as I had hoped but I still produced a cracking little jig.
:shock:

Surely this means that you have created 'Mission impossible' style furniture :lol:

Well done

T

Thanks for all the kind words, it took me a day to make the jigs and another 2 to finish, its just one of those ideas that springs to mind, i have got a lot of fancy stuff that i want to do but i put in a 175 hour fortnight as it is and time is precious at present next year you will see some stuff i've done in the GWW.

Routing is one of my favourites pastimes and i've had the jigsaw piece in my mind for a while, i was going to rout out the 30mm bulb down to 20mm then insert another coloured timber similar to what leigh do with their dovetails but time is an issue at present and it really isnt to hard to do, just a similar jig with different sized holes and bulbs

For anyone contemplating doing one make sure you know your feed and grain directions and how to climb rout when the need arises. its also possible to make whole tabletops out of the jigsaw piece as if you look at the jig in the other post you can see it will accept a piece from any side, handy for picture frames or similar

regarsd
Ian

In a not very subtle plug for the mag, look out for details on how Ian produced this great little table in a forthcoming issue of Good Woodworking (GW 159). Good One Ian.

Pete

Hi Pete

Completely off-thread, but I thought you might like it.

One thing I will say is that your deliveries are exceptional, especially when compared to FWW and PWW. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Very impressive Ian.
This really could get me tempted to use my router some more, but I am afraid this level of perfection cannot be reached overnight.

Hans

Back