Trend CRT Mk 3 Router Table and Which Trend Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at getting a router table to assist with my next project. Looking at the Trend CRT Mk3 and a compatible router.

For those with the CRT Mk3, which router do you have? I was looking at the Trend T7EK, as I am sure this will suit all my needs. I would obviously like the Trend T11 with the winding lift function, but realistically, not sure this is worth £200 extra?

I note the T7EK is compatible only by drilling the base and table https://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/trend/content/content_detail.php?record_type=Compatibility&id=39434

Has anyone already done this? or will the Trend Universal sub base https://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/trend/content/content_detail.php?record_type=Knowledge&id=11983 allow me to, fasten the base to the router, and then the router to the table? Or - does anyone else have an alternative solution?

I have thought about the integrated table/router - but I would like to be able to use the router independent of the table.

TIA.

I used to have an old DeWalt in a router table it was a PITA setting the cutter height, I tried most things including a small bottle jack then Trend bought out the T11 I bought one straight away & it was a revelation being able to set the cutter height from above the table.
Things have moved on a lot from those days but if I were looking at replacing my set up being able to adjust the cutter from above the table would be top of the list of requirements.

+1 for PITA height adjustment. I have a trend table with a metaboo router fitted below, and it takes a while to raise it high enough to change bits. I don't use it enough to justify an upgrade, but if i did the above table height adjustment would be on my 'must have' list.

I’d love the T11 to go with the table, but at more than double the price of the T7 and my envisaged use, not sure I can justify it.

Why not make yourself a router table that would save you most of the extra for the router, if you buy an aluminium plate with reduction rings the actual table build can be as simple or elaborate as you like

I've got the CRT Mk3 and T11 combo.

It is awesome! If you have a look at the office furniture I am making (rather slowly ;-) ) - the rebates for the panels are all done on the above, and to be able to easily set the depth for the panels and get it spot on every time, is IMO worth every penny.

I paid around £500 for the pair IIRC, and yes it hurt at the time, but I know I won't be changing this ever as long as they both still work. The ability to raise the router by points of a mil is great.

Now there will be a load of users who say "make your own table ..." well I did that, and a threaded bar lift mechanism. It worked OK, but the above combo seems, well, much more refined.

I have a Trend T7ek mounted in a home built table, I don't think that I'd do it again because of the difficulty in getting accurate cutter height adjustment. I didn't try to remove the return springs in fact I dont believe you can in the T7. I ended up using a scissor jack which I mounted under the router to adjust the tool height. It also only uses six 4mm cs pins to hold the tool in place and I wasn't particularly happy with thatas it's a heavy tool. I'm an old fashioned engineer and would have been more happy with 5 or 6 mm pins. I also had to buy a collet extension from Axminster as I couldnt quite get enough height on one particular cutter. The router itself is an excellent machine, extremely powerful and smooth although a bit heavy and the return springs are a bit too stiff. If I were you I would bite the bullet and by the T11 if you're set on a Trend machine otherwise ask again for other recommendations

I have the T11 mounted and by putting the correct socket bit in my powered screwwdriver I have a powered lifting mechanism, which is a great time saver. I still use the manual handle for the fine adjustments.

I've got the CRT Mk3 and T11 combo.

It is awesome! If you have a look at the office furniture I am making (rather slowly ;-) ) - the rebates for the panels are all done on the above, and to be able to easily set the depth for the panels and get it spot on every time, is IMO worth every penny.

I paid around £500 for the pair IIRC, and yes it hurt at the time, but I know I won't be changing this ever as long as they both still work. The ability to raise the router by points of a mil is great.

Now there will be a load of users who say "make your own table ..." well I did that, and a threaded bar lift mechanism. It worked OK, but the above combo seems, well, much more refined.
I have the CRT Mk3/T11 combo, yes an expensive option. As a newbie hobby wood worker I had no previous experience but the combination works so well with fine adjustment possible from above. Its sits on and old Black and Decker Workmate and does a great job.

Latest posts

Back