Trend Craft Pro or Charnwood WO20 Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im after some opinions before I pul the trigger on one of these two tables.

I was 99% sure I was going for the Trend as I’m really after a bench top model rather than floor standing as I recently sold one to gain more floor space as I only have a small garage to work in.

Not a massive decision regarding the price as the Charnwood is only around £60 to £80 more, however I really like the look of a cast iron top, which is the reason it’s swung me slightly in choosing.

If I did go for the Charnwood it doesn’t look that hard to just shorten the legs on the stand so I can still make it a bench top version.

Does anyone have either of these tables and can help in making my decision on which to go for?

Also if I did go for the Charnwood would there be any drawbacks in shortening the leg stand?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cant think of any drawbacks, just a matter of being level, though the rubber feet might not fit and you'll have to come up with something else

Thanks for your reply Triton, and also to Gordon who also responded to me.

I ended up going for the Trend Craft Pro table mainly due to the difference in weight.

Looking again at the Charnwood it comes in at 75kg which is a bit heavy for me these days and didn't fancy the idea knacking my back in, even just lifting it off and on a bench.

I would have loved the cast iron top however for once Ive let my head rule my heart!

Regards
Phil

Latest posts

Back