Trend Anglefix Mitre Guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llangatwgnedd

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any one got one of these

anglefix.jpg

If so can you tell me are there markings on them to tell you what the angle is?

Cheers in advance

Tony,

I've one and never use it much. No markings. Theory is that you treat like a sliding bevel (but not as precise) and take it to the mitre saw. Place the metal bit against the blade and set the angle. As the two arms pivot the metal plate is designed to stay constant and splilt the angle. I find it too small and too futtery.

Rgds

Noel

yeah i have one of those

it is simply a tool that halves the angle for you

for example if you wanted to put some edging round a box with 90 degree corners it will half it and then you put the lonng side to the ffence of your mitre saw and cut it,

it is quite good as it gets great angles if youu dont know the angle

hope this helps

Tom

Don't think Chippendale did a lot of 2nd fix joinery...but I maybe wrong.

Rgds

Noel

Of course Alf,

Elvis, Chippys, Hen parties. Crystal clear...............

Rgds

Noel, in lateral mood.

The late, lamented Kirsty.

Hen Parties.....a Chippendale tall dresser, steal one, reverse the other.

The mitre angle thing is ok, for a tenner, but I much prefer test cutting and nibbling when doing skirting etc.

Rgds

Noel, away to enjoy the picture on the left.

I have one of these. Great for site work, where nothing is ever square, plumb or straight!
Takes the guess work out of mitre cutting skirting, dado rails and picture rails and saves ages constantly offering up test cuts......
Up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder, down the ladder.... :roll:

Thanks for the replys as aragorn says it saves time on external miters.

For skirting internal miters I Butt & Scribe so no problem there.

As I got two jobs coming up fixing new skirting I`ll cover the cost of the gadget that way :lol:

btw where is your avator Alf ? dont tell me your getting the parrot avator out again :wink:

Odd. My avatar's all present and correct from where I'm sitting. :?
Edit: Except when I posted this, at which point it disappeared... :roll:

Noel, I'm none the wiser. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Dave,

Yep, it seems the server the combi was on has been hacked :evil: , so the #164 is a temporary filler until it's back online. :D

Cheers, Alf

definitely a drive by Dave.............I'm sure I heard the Beeps up here in the midlands :shock:

Bean

I got my Trend Anglefix about a year ago. When I use it for the first time I'll let you know how good it is :)

Only cost £9.99

Cheers

Tony (that's right, the one that can't stop buying tools :( )

I got my Trend Anglefix about a year ago. When I use it for the first time I'll let you know how good it is

He he - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I always like to say that I'm saving these tools up for my retirement. My most famous (and costly) case of tool lust (= buying before you need them) was a raised panel set from CMT. Cost me about £160 and it took me at least a year before I actually used it.

Don't get me wrong - I had a project lined up for it (bathroom cabinet), but it was put on hold in favour of other jobs/projects just after I bought the set....

Latest posts

Back