trend airshield

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hello!

does anyone have experience with the Trend Airshield?
is it comfortable? does it give you clean air as promised?
do you use it a lot, or does it mostly sit on a shelf?

all comments of interest!

geir

Hi geir,

I have a 3M respirator, now out of production and superseded by the alternative Trend model. Albeit a tad on the expensive side, I understand the Trend Airshield performs well, filtering out all fine dust and providing constant, cool fresh air. Being sensitive to fine dust, as well as the harmful effects it can have, I wouldn't be without my respirator.

Cheers,

Trev.

I have the Trend Airshield.
It seems to perform well. No detectable dust inside. Good stream of air, doesn't mist up for more than a second or two in my experience. I find it comfortable, although I sometimes don't allow for it's size and bump it into things (I am quite clumsy).
But I haven't yet used it a lot yet; prefer to try to catch the dust with dust extraction if possible ...

I use the Airshield and i would certainly recommend it.

If you spend over 4 hours in your workshop, you might want to get an extra battery and charger, which will give you up to 8 hours continuous use.

Regards

Woody

I have the Trend Airshield and find it comfortable in use and effective, not to impressed with the method of changing/charging batteries more fiddly gaining access than I would have thought necessary and prone to distribute the dust on the outside of the filters if you do not give them a quick suck with the 'vac' before disturbing, looking into fitting extension connection so that batteries can be charged in situ.

Lends for a few humorous moments like all full face masks until you get used to it when you try to blow away a bit of dust etc.

Don't place to much credence on any pictures showing it lifted/tilted clear of the face whilst still wearing it, although it is possible it is not particularly secure (at least it isn't with head band adjusted for me) and I am conscious that it could easily fall off say when bending over to pick something up)

I have the Triton respirator, (bought it on an aussie trip) reasonably comfortable to wear, long battery recharge time a nuisance, motor and battery fits round the waist so you need the right shape tummy. :lol:

Use on dusty work, sanding ripping certain types of timber.

You could most probably purchase direct from a retailer in Australia and pay carriage.

Would purchase another if replacement was necessary.

cambournepete":1m9c4kel said:
Do any of the people here who use these things wear glasses?
How comfortable are the respirators with glasses on?
(Removing my glasses is no an option - Iwould find the respirator if I did :shock:)

Pete

Yes I do, no problem whatsoever, Trend does not even come into contact with spectacles. I wear bi-focals with lenses adjusted for astigmatism and find no distortion problems from plastic mask, Oh, and Pushing them back up the nose if they are adjusted loose can be amusing until you fix them, (didn't know you did that did you :wink: )

Triton,no problem for glasses, FORGOT Earmuffs also part of the setup which also work and hold the helmet in a steady position..

Spares no problem, emailed for some filters and got them back in around 5 days. (better than European delivery)

Price about the same as trend

I have the Trend, and I am very pleased with it. I use it a lot - every time I have to do any scraping or sanding in fact.

It has cured all my asthma / allergy problems, although I still haven't learned not to try scratching my nose while wearing it! #-o

I would highly recomend it.

Regards

Gary

Latest posts

Back