Trend Airshield Pro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedmc571

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, all!

Been a while since I was last here.

I'm in the market for one of these respirators, anyone know of any good deals on around the country?

Cheers

Jed

Cheers Blister,

I did spy that this afternoon, I think I'd rather buy from a shop, just in case I have any "Issues"

As it happens I have 3 companies coming back with quotes, I added, the ear defs, and some visor protectors, and spare filters, I currently have it down to £228 from a company called Toolite?
Still awaiting the others

Cheers

Jed

Quick update.

Order placed for Respirator, spare filters, ear deffs, and visor screens £225 inc vat & del. :D

Very pleased with that price, and the girl who dealt with the order (Jen) was exceptionally friendly, and had a laugh with me on the phone (I've never heard of this company till yeterday) and unlike the 2 other "Major" competitors, she at least phoned me back!

Cheapest, most courteous, and delivered in less than 18 hours :shock:

http://www.entys.co.uk/ (Wigan Branch)

Toolite?
Just up the road from me in the Forest of Dean.
I would have to say never visit the shop.
A dreadful place, full of tools and all sorts of stuff. You go in wanting one thing and come out with a pile of other stuff as well.

to things to watch out for on trend airshield the battery connector sticks out from the battery and is easily damaged when not in the shield and always make sure that the charger is off before connecting to or disconnecting the battery ive shorted one and that should not be possible and ive damaged the connector on the battery think they are around £32-00 each and im not what you would call clumsy

How are you getting on with the ear defenders? I've taken mine off now as I can't get them not to snag with the headband, which tends to amplify the vibes from the motor. I think I must have an odd shaped head or my ears are at the wrong height. They work well with a bit of fiddling (the defs not the ears;)), but I have no patience when I need to be whipping it on and off frequently.

Otherwise - a great bit of kit.

Steve

jedmc571":1sr53mt3 said:
Cheers Blister,

I did spy that this afternoon, I think I'd rather buy from a shop, just in case I have any "Issues"

As it happens I have 3 companies coming back with quotes, I added, the ear defs, and some visor protectors, and spare filters, I currently have it down to £228 from a company called Toolite?
Still awaiting the others

Cheers

Jed
I had one of these a few years ago and hated the thing...too heavy and the most infuriating 'buzzing' noise :twisted: :twisted: in your head from the motor. Also when I was trying to work close to the bench, the wretched face mask bit got in the way and I couldn't see what was happening. I just use a P2 mask now which works for me - Rob

@Steve, The ear defenders havn't arrived yet, so can't comment yet, but I hope they work, because I'm really happy with it.

@Rob, I understand what you mean about bench work, it doesn't really allow you too close, and it can feel a bit awkward, but to be honest, I bought it mainly for cutting and routing purposes. My garage is fully sealed up, I have a Jet Airfilter to help clear the dust, but when I have a paper mask on, I find it itrritating my face, and as I destroy lot's of MDF, I figured the air fed respirator would be great when I'm in their for a while. I gav it a whirl on Sunday cutting MDF up, and it was really comfortable to wear, and the noise of the motor is cancelled by machine noise, so I didn't really notice it. I also did some sanding on a ceiling, and other than not being able to get close enough because of it's size, I have no real complaints.
I will bear in mind though, that it's new, and a bit gimmicky still, and I understand the "Pro" is updated over the original? but in terms of weight and comfort, I'm really pleased, I just hope the ear deffs don't ruin it for me?
I have a lot of cutting to do on Friday, so a few hours in the garage, I'll report back!

Regards

Jed

If you're mangling a lot of mdf, then they're probably going to be OK...good for the spiny world as well. I use a bit of mdf from time to time, but not a great deal. It's working close to the bench that was irritating and when you're trying to concentrate on something and you can't see what your doing and you've got that bl&%dy buzzing in your head :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:... - Rob

For normal stuff I use a Vitrex double filter face mask.
But for spinny work I use the Airshield - mainly for face protection.

Rod

I'm very happy with my JSP PowerCap, which is the model with separate batteries.

It now has the battery built into the cap, but still claims to be lighter than similar devices.

I find my one cofortable to use, and the visibility 'downwards' is a bonus.

Latest posts

Back