Trend Airshield Pro Battery Charger

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbyshop

Established Member
Reaction score
I notice that the charger currently being sold by Trend in the UK is different from the original, with a small electronics box now included in the line to the battery.
I know there were concerns about overcharging the battery with the original charger, so can anyone tell me whether this new charger is designed to avoid that problem, or is the little blue box for decorative purposes only.
I am struggling to find any information on-line.

Thanks

If there was a problem, then that's probably what the little blue box will be for. Have you asked Trend? That's the best thing to do.

It could just be a timer to shut off the charger after 8 hours. It's impossible to know how sophisticated the design is. but looking at the quality of what's been done, I'm sure it's the most basic design possible to get over the overcharging problem.
It's the worst 'professional mod' I have seen. I think that's a Hammond 1551 series box. It looks absolutely cr@p, why translucent blue? They are doing a modification to old supply rather than supplying a smart charger. Probably just using old stock of chargers.

Back