trend 2 part hinge jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feswood

Established Member
Reaction score
i have had this jig for some time now it does not get a lot of use but when it does its great, anyway the other day i took it out of the bag and put it together :roll: it was a tight fit anyway used it on a couple of doors took the little allen bolts out & went to pull it apart can i get it apart nooooo :evil: has any one had this ? what was the answer i'm no wimp either maybe i'm just having a (homer) day :oops:

They really are a super tight fit and I struggle with mine to get apart. I support the bottom of the longest section with my foot whilst holding below the join with my left hand and grab the top of 2nd section with my right and see saw it apart. I put silicone spray on joining piece aswell.
Its a turnip but needs to be as tight as poss.

thanks chippymart i will try that might give a squirt of wd40 to try and part it :twisted: if not might just buy a tube for it to fit in then i wont have to spend time takeing it apart :idea: :roll:

If you put a sliver of greaseproof paper between the parts when you joint them together, would that affect the performance of the jig?
If not, that might assist you in getting the parts apart again.

An old trick to prevent metal parts binding, when bolted or screwed together is to use intermediate cork or fibre washers.

HTH :)

good thinking chippymart thanks i done just that .Benchwayze its such a tight fit no chance of greaseproof paper thanks .Teckel i was almost ready to get on a plane to come and see you so you could pull it apart :eek:ccasion5:

feswood":1wel9wkv said:
good thinking chippymart thanks i done just that .Benchwayze its such a tight fit no chance of greaseproof paper thanks .Teckel i was almost ready to get on a plane to come and see you so you could pull it apart :eek:ccasion5:

fes,

I wasn't suggesting that the grease proof would separate the pieces.

I was suggesting putting it between the two components when you put them together to prevent them sticking. :)

Latest posts

Back