***TREND*** 1st and 2nd Places Announcement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

OK, I'll cut to the chase.

The winner is ........

No, on second thoughts, in reverse order the runner-up is Johnboy. Well done to Johnboy for a really good entry and being a worthy runner-up. The links to John's work are in the third place posting (courtesy of NeilCFD).

And now to the winner ............

Surprise, surprise how does a hand-tool junkie win a tailed routing competition?

Well done Alf for an excellent entry. You consistently rceived the highest votes from the judges. Enjoy your prize.

Thanks again to all of the judges.

Cheers
Neil

PS the rules have been changed so that Alf must show us the photos of it being used.

Dam,

I wanted to be the first to congratulate ALF with his outstanding table, and that for a non-powertool person,

Well ALF - I take my hat off for your outstanding performance

PS and ofcourse also to number two and three in the competition

McLuma

Well done Alf! Thoroughly deserved :D Well done to John too.

And many thanks to Trend, Newbie_Neil and all the judges for all their efforts.

Now Alf, when you get your prize, you'll find a funny long rubber cord thingy coming out of it with a blob with three prongs on the end. Just in case you're wondering what to do with it, I just thought I should mention that you plug this bit into one of those nice sockets in your workshop :p :p :lol:

Off to the bunker...

Neil

Congratulations to each one of you, and thank you for taking the time and trouble to enter. There are many of us here who enjoyed the ride.

I'm very glad Neil gave me some guidelines by which to assess the entries. If I had been asked asked "Which is the best?" I'd have been stumped - how can Neil's router table be compared with Ian's jigsaw? It's like comparing apples with pears. But by having some criteria each one could be marked in isolation from the others, then what comes out is just a mathematical consequence. Different criteria may have produced a different outcome, who knows, so I hope no-one feels hard done by. All were worthy entrants, and Alf, a very worthy winner.

Well done that lady!

(Although the irony of it, as alluded to by Neil hasn't excaped me, either) :)

Cheers
Steve

I wanted to be the first to congratulate ALF with his outstanding table, and that for a non-powertool person

Whose going to tell McLuma then? :wink:

Clue: Alf's real name is Alice!

Well done all of you - much deserved praise.

T

Well what can I say? The gob is thoroughly smacked; must be clean living paying off at last. The irony is not lost on me either. :lol: My thanks to Neil for organising (a thankless task), and Chris, Keith, Wood1000, Tony and Steve, the judges whose cheques will be in the post ASAP... And of course to Trend, without whom there wouldn't have been a competition at all. My congratulations to John, Ian and Neil; the standard of their entries certainly put me on my mettle and I couldn't have decided between them. I didn't honestly think I had a hope, so it just goes to show if you're in it, you could win it.

Cheers, Alf

Off to search for one of these power socket thingies. I'm sure I had one round here someplace... :?

Well done Alf :) !

It was a worthy winner in a high calibre competition. All the entries that I've seen were designed and built to a very high standard.

Gill

Well done to all the entrants, so difficult to choose between the pieces, Newbie Neils list of criteria was a godsend.

And Alf's plight after disposing of her power devil :twisted: had no sway on me whatsoever :wink:

Keith

Well done everyone. As has been said, without the list of criteria it would have been very difficult to choose between the very different but excellent projects. I would have been pleased to have my name on any of them.

No worries, McLuma, it's a common mistake - not surprisingly. :D

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Alf or Al will do fine. Otherwise I'll hare off after White Rabbets and pun you all to death...

Dedee that's a good idea, does anyone have any other ideas? ideally to make the competition more open so that everyone can have a go.

Neil has had a word with me(no arm twisting :roll: ) and The Woodworker and Woodturner is happy to put up the prize (don't know what it will be but definately worth winning :D )

Keith

Yes, well done everybody.

Noel

KeithS":2lxmog7p said:
ideally to make the competition more open so that everyone can have a go.
It's not making it open that's the key, it's getting the deadline right so there's long enough for people to feel they'll have time to enter. But not so long that they keep putting it off with cries of "plenty of time" until suddenly it's too late. :shock:

Neil, you could blag for England. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. John - noted :wink:

Latest posts

Back