Trend 10ins Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought one and am very pleased with it. I have used a number of the smaller (8 inch) blades on a TS 2000 before and loved them so when I bought a bigger saw, I went back to Trend. Easily the best blades I have used - but definitely not the cheapest!

Chris - the Trend blades seem quite reasonable at:
http://trend.industrialsuperstore.co.uk/
Type "cm/" in the search blade for combi blades. I was looking at getting one for my TS2000 (£31 inc vat) since I've given up on the Crowley combi.
Guess it depends what you compare them against - but not bad for industrial quality blades.
Cheers
Gidon

Gidon,

Thanks for the link. The prices are excellent - a full £20 cheaper for the 10 inch CM blade than the price given in my Trend catalogue (although I only have last year's catalogue to compare with).

I wish I had seen it before I bought my present blade - but at least I have only bought the one so far!

Chris - sorry it's a bit late :cry:. I've yet to order from them ... but plan to shortly (when my wife's not looking).
Trend seem to have a fair bit of leeway on their prices. That blade I'm looking at is 40% off their current retail price!
Cheers
Gidon
(ps How is the 4010 - compared to the TS2000 - or is it in another league?)

Gidon
I owe you one
I was just on the verge of ordering a Trend 12" saw blade at 59 pounds + vat when you pop up with the same blade for 35 pounds + vat. You definitely weren't too late for me.
Thanks for the tip.

John

I have one of Trend's rip cut 10" saw blades. Very pleased with it. Cuts like butter and seems to sharpen well too.

Gidon,

I like the 4010 very much. It is of course a much bigger machine in two ways - the motor is a lot more powerful and I have to have it on the circuit I use for my compressor - it draws 16 solid amps to start and will blow a 13 amp fuse. It has a nice electric brake that stops the blade very quickly (No, it's not a SAWSTOP but it is useful). One can apparently get a so called groove cutter for a mere £200 or so that is basically a dado blade - so far I have not invested in it. With a 12 inch blade I get a 107mm depth of cut - very useful at times.

The second way it's bigger - surface area - is less of a problem than I thought it would be. I just sling on a piece of ply to cover it and I have a whole new bench to work on - raise the very solid width extension and I have a third bench to work on. This expansion of my working surfaces was an unlooked for possibilty and a delight when I discovered it. My TS 2000 was just in the way when I was not using it. It was too small to be a useful work surface, especially for anything heavy.

Chris,

Do you have the wheel kit for your Scheppach - 'cos I have and find it a right faff - I tied a piece of string to each wheel last night both front and back to assist me moving them in the runner. Is there a technique for it - 'cos if there is I haven't found it? I'm tempted to flog it on ebay and get one (a generic version) with wheels at each corner.

Adam

John - glad to help out!

Thanks Chris - interesting point about using the saw as a work surface - I guess you retract the blade into the saw. I should do the same with my TS2000 - would be ok for assembly stuff.

Adam - if the wheel kit is as bad as the wheel kit on the Scheppach p/t (think 80kg wheelbarrow!) I sympathise! I did opt for a generic base (HTC one) for my table saw with four wheels and it's a dream in comparison!

Cheers

Gidon

Adam,

I have the wheel kit for the 4010 which is very good - I am not sure if it can be fitted to the 2500 so I wonder if it is the same thing?

I agree the one on the P/T is a pain and I have my P/T on a mobile base with a big foot operated castor wheel. I like this sort much better than the HTC type sold by BriMarc and others.

waterhead37":293mh6gc said:
I have my P/T on a mobile base with a big foot operated castor wheel. I like this sort much better than the HTC type sold by BriMarc and others.

Gotta a photo/supplier by any chance?

Adam

Adam,

It's this thingy from APTC

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?type=i&submit=Search&searchwhat=mmbwfl

I have bought two of them. The first was perfect. The second was obviously sourced from somewhere else that was building down to a lower price and suffered as a result. It was of lighter gauge metal and the thing flexed under load in ways that prevented the proper operation.

I remade it fully workable but it took three hours work! I moaned to APTC and had a very full response from the boss who took my comments on board and said he would address the issues with the supplier. Whether this was done, I don't know as I have not bought another.

As I said before, these things (when working!) are great.

Well, whilst I;m on the subject.....where'd you get yours from then Gidon? :lol:

Adam

Adam - I picked up one up at the Yandles show from the Brimarc stand for £39 - maybe if you ring 'em they'll do it (HTC 2000) for the same price?
Cheers
Gidon

gidon":3ux62wqm said:
Adam - I picked up one up at the Yandles show from the Brimarc stand for £39 - maybe if you ring 'em they'll do it (HTC 2000) for the same price?
Cheers
Gidon

Sounds a good price it's this bit from their website that worries me:
From their website":3ux62wqm said:
These adjustable universal mobile bases solve any storage problems your workshop creates & allows you to move machinery single-handed. This product will allow you to work in a more comfortable environment, to the extent that you will not know what to do with all the extra space! !They can be assembled in the time it takes to fill in a tax return!
HTC2000 Mobile Base £50.00

Capacity to move 185kgs
Maximum square of 900mm
Maximum rectabgle of 500 x 1320mm
Lifetime guarantee
Easy to expand 2 point rubber levelling feet
4 stable 3" heavy duty wheels

The time it takes to fill in a tax return? Thats a months project then? :shock: ....... :wink:

waterhead37":4hkk5ayp said:
The second way it's bigger - surface area - is less of a problem than I thought it would be. I just sling on a piece of ply to cover it and I have a whole new bench to work on - raise the very solid width extension and I have a third bench to work on. This expansion of my working surfaces was an unlooked for possibilty and a delight when I discovered it. My TS 2000 was just in the way when I was not using it. It was too small to be a useful work surface, especially for anything heavy.
Owing to lack of space I have been using a piece of contiboard on top of my Draper saw table as an extra fitting bench. It's about the right size for glueing up cofee tables but is a pain if I need to use the saw unexpectedly. ;)
I'll be glad when I get a new garden shed to keep all the gardening tools in instead of them taking up so much space in the workshop (garage)
Unfortunately I will have to use smaller saw blades as I was after a Kity419 but will have to go for the Leccy Becky now the poor kity lost it's 9 lives. :(

Adam - not the best sales pitch I agree!!

It actually looks fairly daunting when you open the box and look at the bits and wordy instructions. But it couldn't be easier - took me less than 30 mins - and I'm hopeless at understanding these kind of assembly instructions!

Cheers

Gidon

Latest posts

Back