Trellis / fence to paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've been asked to make some trellis like fence panels, I'm using Idigbo but they need painting white, I don't like the idea of using oil paint which will only peel so am looking for recommendations on water based fence paint or perhaps the OS color fence paint, does any one have any good experience with either? or any other ideas that I should consider.

Chris, I've used Cuprinol Garden Shades on a a lot of our external woodwork, summer house, some fencing and some trellis. Lasts well and gives a good colour. Their Pale Jasmine is the closest to white - no good if you're looking for a brilliant white though

David

I'll second that, great stuff, I used it to paint a dovecot 3 years ago which still looks perfect despite exposure to all weathers. I've since used it to paint a wooden wheelbarrow that I made and various other garden stuff, all are holding up really well.

Check eBay as you can often find it much cheaper than in the usual DIY stores, I bought a 2.5l pot for less than 1l would have cost in Homebase etc..., even with the shipping.

Thanks for the input guys thats made my mind up, have ordered 5L of cuprinol garden shades just hope it's white enough for my client! (hammer)

Back