travellers injunction, starting a book.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bloody farce. You'd think given the track record of this country ranging from Unison or was it Unite strikes to this current shambles that the plaintiff would actually get some proper lawyers and staff and actually do the job properly and dot all the I's and cross all the T's so that no loophole existed. Basildon Council = Prats of the Year 2011...and 2010 and 2009 and 2008...in fact for the ten years it has taken them to do damn all.

It's all in our local paper every day. The paper has been quite influencial in pushing Basildon Council into taking action against the travellers. The council are indeed a joke. It's taken 10 yrs so far, but without the Echo News Group it would never have got even this far.

Latest revalation from the Echo is that they 'planted' some 'secret and confidential' info/questions with a Local Government Department, and within 2 hrs had the travellers demanding answers from the news group regarding those 'secret and confidential' info/questions, leading to claims there is a 'mole' within Local Government feeding info to the travellers enabling them to stay one step ahead of the council.

Roy.

I find your post extremely offensive Roy. Try changing travellers to Pakis, Niggers or Coons and see how it reads :roll:

Alan Jones":1r500y8q said:
I find your post extremely offensive Roy. Try changing travellers to Pakis, Niggers or Coons and see how it reads :roll:

Not sure where you're coming from on this. Your suggested alternative names imply a racial connotation but these people are travellers and, as far as I can see have no such distinctive racial ethnicity. Indeed, English Romani gypsies - who are a specific race - refer to travellers as 'travellers'.

Would 'thieving scumbags' be better?

Roger, traveller is an offensive derogatory term used by ignorant people when discussing gypsies as well as these Irish itinerants. It has been used previously on this forum to that effect. If you think thats acceptable then presumably you find other terms of racist abuse acceptable. I have never heard a Gypsy refer to the Irish as travellers, its a term used by the housedwelling community

Starting a book. Hmm. That'll give the bloody do gooders and tree huggers :-({|= something to read at least; even if it does only run to two pages (front and back covers...)

I love it here :twisted:

Alan Jones":1c9avqm1 said:

If the English people were allowed to express themselves using the English language without all of the PC nonsense perhaps this Dale Farm situation would have been resolved years ago.

Alan Jones":1z31tl2f said:
...... If you think thats acceptable then presumably you find other terms of racist abuse acceptable.
Don't presume.

Alan Jones":1z31tl2f said:
I have never heard a Gypsy refer to the Irish as travellers, its a term used by the housedwelling community
You need to get out more, then, and stop reading the Guardian.

It is interesting to note that under British Law Irish Travellers are recognised as an ethnic group whereas in Ireland (which is where they originally came from and also where they experience just as much if not more hostility by the Irish) their legal status is simply a 'social group'...which makes far more sense to me. It's only our cock-a-mamey PC brigade who persist in these delusions.

Roger by the the tone of your reply you presume I sympathize with with the Irish at Dale Farm.
Nothing could be further from the truth, ship them back to Ireland asap
Its you that needs to get out more as you obviously know absolutely nothing of gypsy culture and being a right wing conservative I would never read the Guardian
My objection was to the use of a racist word that has in the past been used on this forum when referring to genuine gypsies

Alan Jones":3hyprdob said:
Roger by the the tone of your reply you presume I sympathize with with the Irish at Dale Farm.
I make no such presumption, Alan

Its you that needs to get out more as you obviously know absolutely nothing of gypsy culture

Really? On what do you base that? You know nothing about me nor my ability to carry out basic research.

My objection was to the use of a racist word that has in the past been used on this forum when referring to genuine gypsies
But you never said that. Your original post was in response to one made about these travellers. They're not true gypsies. They're travellers.

(homer) Doubt many Dale Farm residents have spent any time in Ireland on the whole they arent Irish they are travellers as opposed to Romani Gypsies although there may be a few Didicoys in there. It will certainly be interesting io see how we deport EU citizens between EU states when they can't even get them off an illegal camp site? (hammer)

Quoiting from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Snatch_(film)

"Brick Top (infamously known for feeding those who fall out of his favour to his prized pigs) after his boxer, Gorgeous George, is incapacitated in a dispute with a group of pikies over a caravan. Forced to improvise, Turkish and his partner Tommy acquire the services of the very traveller who knocked out Gorgeous George."

There was better quotation .. but I can't seem to find it :p

Is traveller actually racist- is there an Irish a race? Surely we'll all northern European due to cross-breading?

I am not really sure if they should be allowed to stay or not. It would be nice to think man could be free and do what he like on his own territory without influence from an 'authority' but maybe there are just to many people for such a situation such that his/her actions would interfere with each other. I am probably leaning towards throwing them out as I doubt their kind could live peacefully in a commune type situation as they seem to be generic uneducated louts - could be wrong though as I don't know them personally

The only conclusive thing is that £18m on lawyers is obscene- lawyers make law so people need lawyers hence the loop holes. I could of bribed them for that with the promise of a house for every man. Without law it would only take an 15mins to clear them out (by force obviously)- no need to dilly-dally around the edges

LuptonM":3ps4bchy said:
Is traveller actually racist- is there an Irish a race? Surely we'll all northern European due to cross-breading?

I am not really sure if they should be allowed to stay or not. It would be nice to think man could be free and do what he like on his own territory without influence from an 'authority' but maybe there are just to many people for such a situation such that his/her actions would interfere with each other. I am probably leaning towards throwing them out as I doubt their kind could live peacefully in a commune type situation as they seem to be generic uneducated louts - could be wrong though as I don't know them personally

The only conclusive thing is that £18m on lawyers is obscene- lawyers make law so people need lawyers hence the loop holes. I could of bribed them for that with the promise of a house for every man. Without law it would only take an 15mins to clear them out (by force obviously)- no need to dilly-dally around the edges

Smoke Fool? :roll:

Tom K":lvljrfbh said:
LuptonM":lvljrfbh said:

Smoke Fool? :roll:
Huh? I don't smoke gooseberry fools, ruins the flavour you see.

PS: I have no idea what 'smoke fool' means. Is this a northern term?

The recent influx of 'Travellers' is due to the ROI introducing laws which were aimed at their way of life, they get away with it by applying it to others as well. And we are an easy mark, why they don't take the ROI boyos to court is probably 'cos we are easier.
traveller isn't actually an insult any way, it's a definitive term for a specific life style.
Being Jewish and having experienced racist abuse I have a simple way of dealing with it.
'Sticks and stones....'
I also work on the basis that an insult is only an insult when intended as such.

Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back