Transtools at it again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndbrown

Established Member
Reaction score
After much research on this forum, I decided to order a SCMS for my workshop (this site is really great for this, maybe starting to prefer it to trawling thro the magazines, but I digress). Anyway, Transtools had the one I wanted at the best price and in stock. Ordered it on line there and then. Suddenly thought, I wonder if there is anything on Transtools on the UKWorkshop Forum.
Joy turned to despair as I read other peoples experiences. Maybe they were just unlucky I thought!
But I should have checked this before using them. Communication - they promise much and almost NEVER return calls. The saw was ex stock and would be with me in two days. Two days later, no saw. Phone call to Transtools, apprently my ex-stock saw was damaged on delivery from their supplier? Would definitely be with me by the middle of the next week. Guess what, by middle of next week no saw. Tow weeks ago, cancelled order and they confirmed they would refund my Credit Card. And finally of course, got the bill this week and no Credit has been made (£324 lighter). Glad I used a credit card but now have all the paperwork and calls to RBS to sort it out.
So moral of the story is, if you want to use them, look elsewhere and pay a little more from a company who do understand Customers come first!

Thanks for posting this,
I'm just searching for a router, and sure enough they came out one of the cheapest :shock:
I hope you get your money back promptly

Mmmm, seems they can undercut any other company on the net, but then if your selling empty promises, and they seem to be ...why not.....

thanks for the heads up, I`m staying well away from Transtools.....

hope your problem is rectified soon...

I have never had the displeasure of shopping with this company. One question however must be asked.

How can anyone believe they are a serious outfit when they don't stock Festool? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reading this is quite surprising - I have bought a few power tools from Transtools I have never had any problems as yet. Deliveries were quick.

I do know that they buy allotments then discount so maybe they have had supplier problems? Perceived dilution of market perhaps?

I wonder what happened?

I bought something from their eBay shop this very week and have nothing bad to say from the experience at all. Then again, perhaps, I only bought a set of T-handled allen keys, not a £300+ power tool. Delivery seemed a tad steep, but it did arrive next day.

well i have done fair amount of orders from there and always had it by 2days time just as fast as any other tool place... and have not found there prices to be much cheaper than the other big tool places maybe the odd tool here or there same as every other site...

Back