Translation from Chinese into English

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myfordman

AKA 9Fingers
Reaction score
I have a photo of an electronic module which has been annotated in Chinese and as far as I know there are the only indication of how the module is to be used.
I can't cut and paste the Chinese text into an online translator because the original is a graphic image.

Can any one help please
Thanks In Advance

ALC module - Chinese.jpg

I would think if you can't find a translator, the first order of business is finding text to digital converters that will put the file to digital so that you can then use something like google translate.

If you use the Google translate app on your phone you can use your phone's camera to translate in real time. Minimal effort for you

Screenshot of the app in action 9n a Toolstation coupon on my desk:
Screenshot_20211111-171853.png

So, this isn't a discouragement by any means, but years ago, someone on another forum had a paper from kato and kawai. I was talking about the cap iron, and he said "I have something you might like to see". It was papers from k&k (this was before any of the videos were public, etc). We couldn't read anything from the papers and he still had to get permission to publish the videos - the university just wanted credit attached to the videos (which is appropriate). Nonetheless, they were stolen and reposted all over the place after the fact as that's what youtube and other video sites were about at the time.

The person who got in contact with the university where K&K did their work found a descendant of a japanese saw dealer in the US who obviously spoke japanese (born in japan, has since gone back, and even familiar with tools). Despite that, she was not able to translate some of the kanji because it was very specific to planing.

Since your diagram is electronics, there's probably a much larger pool of capable folks, but if the kanji issue is the same, you may need someone who speaks chinese AND is very versed in how it's used in regard to electronics.

Yes I realise it is a bit niche but thought it worth a punt given the number of diverse folk on this forum.

Yes, sorry if that may be taken the wrong way. the best way to find someone to help is to ask. If you never ask, then the outcome is knowable - nothing!

I have a photo of an electronic module which has been annotated in Chinese and as far as I know there are the only indication of how the module is to be used.
I can't cut and paste the Chinese text into an online translator because the original is a graphic image.

Can any one help please
Thanks In Advance

View attachment 121622
Google translate on an iPhone will do it. Just point the phone camera at the picture.

Edit: I see I was beaten to it. If you do get stuck I have over 100 engineers working for me in Chengdu China and I can ask one of them to translate if Google doesn’t help.

Google translate on an iPhone will do it. Just point the phone camera at the picture.

Edit: I see I was beaten to it. If you do get stuck I have over 100 engineers working for me in Chengdu China and I can ask one of them to translate if Google doesn’t help.

Attachments

• BD786C24-11A2-480A-A962-05B6D7739301.png
    BD786C24-11A2-480A-A962-05B6D7739301.png
    552.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 1915445C-BD85-408F-8958-E872CA9D5797.png
    1915445C-BD85-408F-8958-E872CA9D5797.png
    540.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 80C37ACF-6891-44D3-911F-23550A88F300.png
    80C37ACF-6891-44D3-911F-23550A88F300.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 56
Thanks Paul,
I initially failed to get google translate to work but that was operator error.
There are a few strange words there. I expect they are technical ones that GT is not picking up but I should be able to work those out once the module arrives in a month or so.
Very grateful for your help and hopefully I will be able to master it once I have it in front of me.

Just a thought, try taking it to your local chinese takeawy. It doesn't matter what version of chinese they speak, the beauty of the writting system is that the ideogram means the same thing in each dialect. The biggest achievement of the Chin dynasty was the empire wide introduction of the standard bureaucratic writing system which let one copy of an edict be copied and sent out to all points and be understood clearly

In response to asking for english instruction/manual for this module, they have replied in Chinglish that the the photo is out of date and will send me a new one. So I'll wait for that. I'm working on the basis of my electronics expertise being able to work out how to use the thing. The description on the aliexpress website leave a little to be desired and there is no tech spec. However it is worth a punt as only a few quid. Assuming I can read the type number of the chip, I should be able to look up the data sheet on it and there is usually an application circuit given. It will be like have my own little Christmas puzzle!
Quote from the vendor:-
Super Linear ALC Volume Level Automatic Voltage Regulator Circuit Board. Voltage Regulation with Stable Action.
The linearity of this circuit is very good,It's no different from the original,The problem that the volume level will rise automatically when mute is solved。Full refund for dissatisfied new circuit,What are you hesitating about?Everything has the final say.,It's no use looking at the waveform,The distortion is very serious. Why is the sound quality so good!On the same principle。

Back