Transformations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I did was to turn them upside down, and remove the dowelled section in the taper cut ...

I had noticed you had quite a taper on the legs. Why didn't I realise what you'd done ? I was looking at one of the earlier photos thinking that together, the taper and the splay looked a bit more than I would like - I was surprised when you said it was only 3 degrees. I think it must have been just the viewpoint in that photo, it looks great in it's proper place.

Tony, actually the splay is 2 1/2 degrees. I rounded up as it otherwise sounded a little OCD. :)

In other words, just a touch of splay to add to the taper.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I always enjoy your WIPs Derek and what a wonderful journey this one was. A great lesson in how to reuse timber from a boring table and turn it into something of really beauty. I especially like the elegant splay of the legs and bowed top. I know you are most tickled by the invisible drawer but for me the absolute high point of the build was when you flipped the legs around and removed the dowels with the taper. Trully inspired.

Thank you so much Gerard. I've just had a look through your webs - such fun and creative work!

And thank you for the comment about the legs. I was hoping that someone would feel the same about them as I do. It was a great ahha moment.

Regards from Perth

Derek

This is absolutely inspiring. Turning an ugly chunk of table-shaped wood into something that beautiful is so impressive!

Latest posts

Back