Training videos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winemaker:Thanks for sharing the link here,
I couldn't get into the forum last night when I found the web site yesterday.
Its a great resource and defiantly not to be missed It has information for turners at any level,even those with years of experience.
I have to admit I personally think they are some of the best instructional videos I have seen. They have been made in a dedicated video suit, set up for the job and not just shot in a tidy or more often than not untidy workshop.
Nick Arnull.RPT.

On the basis of a quick sampling just now, that looks an excellent resource. I really appreciate how he shows you something - with all the right camera positons - and explains it clearly. My turning is pretty rudimentary - I think I could learn a lot from these videos. Excellent high res video too.

Do you have adblock/ flashblock or similar preventing flash video from playing in your browsers? if so you may need to adjust your settings / create an exemption etc.

Very useful link. He explains things very well. will bookmark so I can refer to it when planning a piece.

Tazmaniandevil":2ctpu52u said:
I've probably been a bit naughty & downloaded them so I can watch them on't telly. Burned them onto a DVD so I can watch them over & over.

how did you do that :?:

Download the mp4 file (click on the blue title to open in a new tab/window and use the download button below the video clip) and used this free dvd maker software to convert to DVD format. The software is a bit noddy, but it does a good enough job & the clips play fine.

nev":28tpbl98 said:
Do you have adblock/ flashblock or similar preventing flash video from playing in your browsers? if so you may need to adjust your settings / create an exemption etc.

Yep, nev that was the answer

Brian

Back