Traditional Wooden House Name Signs.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toydesigner

Established Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in my previous post, I also design and make genuine hand Crafted Wooden Signs, & designs for numerous clients here in South Australia,- ever receive the occasional order from Sydney,( NSW ), which is about 1,500 km from where I live here at Port Vincent I will have a go at including a photo of a sample signboard as it shows several differing lettering styles I use,
The large lettering is cut by hand using my Trend Router fitted with a 6mm ( 1/4" ) straight bit, set to 6mm.( 1/4" ), depth. while the finer lettering, is cut using my power-carver in a mini-router base, & fitted with an engraving bit, Another lettering style I use is simply cut on my Hegner Scroll Saw, and glued onto the baseboard, or simply painted on using quality paints.
I have my own Alphabet templates of varying dimensions. I do NOT use any actual template guides, as have found themplate guides are only suitable for some things only,-
and by the time I fiddle round trying to set one up,- it is heaps easier for me to cut the sign free-hand,- and, more enjoyable too !!!!
*** IF there is sufficient global interest,- I like to have a go with teaching others this skill using the internet,- I think i will need some advice and assistance here as to how to set everything up. ( Perhaps the chairman of the board of directors can lend a helping hand, and some helpful advice, etc. )
'ave a good day, & happy woodworking,
Roger

Attachments

• 100_0746.jpg
    100_0746.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_0481.jpg
    100_0481.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 106
That is a very honourable intention and offer. I am sure there will be a lot of interest. The gloss has long since come off plastic stuff. Good on you sport,......is that correct and do people speak like that?

Best wishes.

Three replies all in a short time !! Two via this site,- one direct to me, also via this site
All are encouraging me to have a go at teaching others How to do it.i enjoy working with genuine wood. It has character. It is alive. It has natural beauty.
Plastic is, well simply plastic,- artificial, man-made stuff, that looks and feels artificial, and can never take the place of real, genuine timber.

I have a website which you are welcome to visit. it has heaps of info on the mainpage, and a selection of work photos I have done for clients at the bottom of the mainpage;-
Shall put it here in good faith, and sincerely hope I don't get shot for doing so;-
www.easysell.com.au/woodensignsanddesigns

Next problem is how to successfully set up an Internet-based Correspondence Course to teach others how to learn to make their own Wooden Signs and Designs.
I have done hands-on teaching here in my Port Vincent workshop over the years,- Internet teaching is a bit different I think,- so will require some helpful advice here, along with what to charge those who wish to learn, as it will take me a bit more than," five minutes," to show interested woodworkers How to make their very own Wooden Sign/s,
also to supply technical back-up when things don't go according to plan !! ( Murphy's law )
'ave a good day, & happy woodworking,
Roger

Attachments

• 100_0694.jpg
    100_0694.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Back