Traditional Oak Panelling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike B

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good reliable craftsman/company who still makes/repairs traditional oak panelling??

(maybe by PM's - I do not wish to incur the wrath of Mr Moderator re the no advertising rules!)

Talking the proper (old fashioned?!) stuff here - panelling in a large'ish hallway originally built in 1930's, entirely from solid english oak, fairly plain design - just a double bead on the rails and stiles with plain 3/4" thick quartersawn panels, all of it constructed using wedged mortise and tenon construction - not a screw or nail anywhere...

Due to extensive water damage, half of it needs replacing (especially after the insurance assessor ripped it apart because he couldn't find any nails!) but the insurance company can only find someone who will make it out of plywood...

South Birmingham area.

thanks
Mike

Hi Mike

I wish I could help you but my woodworking skills aren't up to it :(. However, if you want some oak that's been grown locally, there's some trees that have been felled and seasoned at Pepper Wood, and which the Woodland Trust will arrange to have dimensioned for you. Details here.

Gill

Back