Trade Price?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
Popped into the local big orange store for a 2" paint brush this afternoon, shelf price is £8.98, trade price £7.71 ex VAT (£9.25 inc VAT).

TradePoint catalogue states, "From time to time B&Q will run short term offers on their prices - but even then you will find that the TradePoint prices are lower!"

The brush I bought was not on 'short term offer'.

#-o #-o #-o

Stew

DIY Stew":1s2bd51o said:
Popped into the local big orange store for a 2" paint brush this afternoon, shelf price is £8.98, trade price £7.71 ex VAT (£9.25 inc VAT).

TradePoint catalogue states, "From time to time B&Q will run short term offers on their prices - but even then you will find that the TradePoint prices are lower!"

The brush I bought was not on 'short term offer'.

#-o #-o #-o

Stew

Happens regularly Stew despite the claims on price match.

They don't keep up to date and rely on tradesmen not having time to price check. cheaper for them just to refund the difference if you complain but most of us don't have time for that either.

I use them now only when I need to for after hours shopping

Bob

RogerS":12ulqyw3 said:
Maybe they assume that all tradesmen are VAT registered and so claim back the VAT ?

It would be be cheaper to buy it at the "normal" price and then claim back the vat, rather than pay the "vat free trade price plus vat" and then claim back the vat :wink:

theartfulbodger":us4carvt said:
RogerS":us4carvt said:
Maybe they assume that all tradesmen are VAT registered and so claim back the VAT ?

It would be be cheaper to buy it at the "normal" price and then claim back the vat, rather than pay the "vat free trade price plus vat" and then claim back the vat :wink:

:oops: :oops:

No need to be :oops:

I'm sure they do it on purpose half the time to confuse the public and make them spend more. The big orange place should be easy compared to the confusion of mobile phone contracts or energy supplier tariffs...

What a con, you see trade and you automaticllay think that you are getting a better price than diyers :shock:

Cheers

Mike

Sorry to say but no one in the trade should be using b and q, if do a bit of research you could save yourself hundreds of pounds a year.

To give you an idea I pay 11.50 + vat for 18mm Medite MDF, which is 3 quid cheaper than the rubbish you get from a shed.

Screwfix is just as bad, they make you believe you are saving a fortune but in reality you're not!!

Latest posts

Back