Tracks, Railsquares and Tracksaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the advice David. 👍
However, I had that MFT top made about 3 years ago and it still has plenty of life left in it as yet.
The lower face is unmarked, so I can always use it that way around when the upper surface gets beyond practical use.
Plus the fact that i do consider it a consumable item as i could always just have another one made once this one gets beyond economical use ( I'm fortunate to have a good friend with a large CNC machine...) The major initial cost of this one was the time it took to write the CNC programme.....To have another one made would be far less but obviously, still allowing for the cost of a sheet of 18mm MRMDF.
Happy days there then. It’s lucky you have a friend with a CNC table 😀👍

And he is local to me as well....The problem of sourcing a large top such as this is often shipping/delivery costs due to its size & weight, not just the cost of having it made.

Needless to say, for the type of work that I do and the materials I work with, I find it invaluable.

Plus the fact that i do consider it a consumable item as i could always just have another one made once this one gets beyond economical use ( I'm fortunate to have a good friend with a large CNC machine...) The major initial cost of this one was the time it took to write the CNC programme.....To have another one made would be far less but obviously, still allowing for the cost of a sheet of 18mm MRMDF.
If I still lived down south in Witham I would be giving you a call for one of those MFT's.

And he is local to me as well....The problem of sourcing a large top such as this is often shipping/delivery costs due to its size & weight, not just the cost of having it made.

Needless to say, for the type of work that I do and the materials I work with, I find it invaluable.
That’s handy. I’m planning on making my own MFT top as I’ve just bought the Trend MFT jig and router bit. It seems easy enough and as you say they are very expensive to buy.

Back