Track saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the potential benefits of the track saw that I am following up on is the ability to use the rails with a router.

I have a Triton router and a Makita track saw. As far as I can tell online the Triton and Makita rails seem to have the same profile, and could therefore be interchangeable, can anyone confirm or refute this? If they are interchangeable, rather than buy a new Makita router and rail adaptor I was thinking I could get a Triton adaptor to run one of their routers on a rail, but can't seem to find any sign of one on line. Does anyone know if Triton make an adaptor to allow a TRA001 on a track saw rail?

Thanks in advance,
Terry.

+1 For the track saw i have the Makita version and it is a excellent piece of kit I also have a Table Saw but each have there uses =D> .

Wizard9999 I assume there is a reason why you're not considering the Triton track saw?

I just wondered as I've been getting more convinced about a track saw and I too have a Triton router.

DiscoStu":3mom39nf said:
Wizard9999 I assume there is a reason why you're not considering the Triton track saw?

I just wondered as I've been getting more convinced about a track saw and I too have a Triton router.

Honest answer is I never considered the Triton track saw as I saw little mention of it anywhere, I wonder if it is a new saw that has not been around long. I bought the Triton router specifically to use full time in a router table, but until I have the router table I was just wondering if I could delay buying the second router by using this one.

However, even with the Triton saw if they do not do a router adapter, so far I can't find one, it would not allow you to use router on track as per other track saws. If it is a new track saw maybe one will be produced soon, or maybe there is something aout Triton routers that means it is not an option for them.

Sorry I can't be of more help on details of Triton track saw.

Terry.

I just assumed that there was a way of using the router with a track as you said "As far as I can tell online the Triton and Makita rails seem to have the same profile, and could therefore be interchangeable"

I don't know how long the Triton has been out but it seems like good value for money.

To be honest the Festool option is much more than the others so if I was going to go for one I'd probably do that so the hose is compatible with my Domino.

Since acquiring a track saw system, the table saw sees very little use in my shop. Yes there are times when only the table saw can manage a particular cut but for large panel break downs I find the track saw easier, quicker, cleaner and safer every time.

Also as mentioned above, this is not a closed system, the track and ancillaries can be used with other equipment such as routers, etc (even chainsaws).

DiscoStu":qihircd8 said:
I just assumed that there was a way of using the router with a track as you said "As far as I can tell online the Triton and Makita rails seem to have the same profile, and could therefore be interchangeable"

I don't know how long the Triton has been out but it seems like good value for money.

To be honest the Festool option is much more than the others so if I was going to go for one I'd probably do that so the hose is compatible with my Domino.
With the Festool, you'll also have the option of the parallel guides, which I find an extremely useful option, even though the full set is about £200.

Back