Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Track saws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, it doesn't plunge by the look of it, running the blade guard along the rail with presumably an adjustable depth setting for the blade - the plunge, to me, is one of the attractions of my track saw.
No, it doesn't. I can't see it makes a big difference, and it's about a third of the cost of the main brands. I might think differently if I were using it all day every day, I suppose.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
A bit pricey for me should just use my circular saw against a straight edge!
That's what I graduated from to the tracksaw - it worked but not as easily as running the saw IN the rail rather than AGAINST it - especially on very long cuts

swisstony

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought the Erbauer one from screwfix a few years ago
It has been a dream to use and no complaints so far. Two things I did. Got a makita track as it works on them so now have the two pack that the saw comes with plus a longer single Makita track . I also unscrewed the god awful safety device that stops it being pulled back which is just plain annoying. I also closed up the hole for better dust collection

Attachments

BucksDad

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you - that might be an option if I get to a point where I 'must' have one. I'm currently keeping an eye on eBay for second-hand rails in my region that I may be able to collect.
Just remember that YouTool one doesn't have the extrusion on top which will take parallel guides or other accessories. Seems to the only downside to it

jcassidy

Learning.
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to be a serious user then save up and buy the best you can.

If your use is casual like mine, the Lidl one is fine.