Track Saws. What point am I missing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze, I understand what you mean. I have always used the CS cutting waste to the right, right from my first use of a CS. Paradoxically my TS fence, like yours, is on the right which I find strange. I think humans are very adaptable.

When I read the original post there was a lovely little oirish voice in my head saying - 'sure if ya joost torned the wood around too then it'll all be exctly the same as before only backwards.'

I habitually tend to work with the waste to the right but there are always situations where you have to register off the other side of the saw. I have marked the offset in mm for left and right cuts on the top of the machine which saves making the calculation repeatedly and makes things less foul-uppable. It's remarkable how perplexing a bit of basic mental arithmetic can be when you are engrossed in the creative side of your brain.

:-&

I just went to order my track saw... Axy haven't got it in stock for another week. Here's hoping they don't rack up the price when the new stock arrives.

[-o<
I'll reveal all, when I finally get it. :wink:

Have ordered? if not try ITS London or D & M tools they are both doing deals might even be better than Axi.

Benchwayze":vybbvm97 said:

I just went to order my track saw... Axy haven't got it in stock for another week. Here's hoping they don't rack up the price when the new stock arrives.

[-o<

If it's the TS55R they won't, Festool stuff is pretty much price fixed.

Dominion":lrsc8ci4 said:
Benchwayze":lrsc8ci4 said:

[-o<

Yup, TS55R "Temporarily out of stock, available for dispatch within 1week"

And yup, I'm bored!

Cheers
Aled

Aled Dafis":2itoxdcq said:
Dominion":2itoxdcq said:
Benchwayze":2itoxdcq said:

[-o<

Yup, TS55R "Temporarily out of stock, available for dispatch within 1week"

And yup, I'm bored!

Cheers
Aled

Why Aled?
:?

Have I missed something ? I thought you were going for the Makita or did you change your mind ?

I changed my mind chippy.

I'm going down the Bright Green Road.
I might as well spend it. Just leave enough for my disposal, and the nearest & dearest. None for the Taxman!

:D

And I think there's more resale value in some of the tools?
The only thing I will regret is that it will take me longer to save up for replacements! :wink: :D

Benchwayze":3mvqudce said:

Having just sold my TS55 I can confirm that this is the case. After over 3 years of use, having originally bought the saw, 2 rails and a bag on ebay I sold for £70 more than I paid :lol:

promhandicam":m1oa52sz said:
Benchwayze":m1oa52sz said:

Having just sold my TS55 I can confirm that this is the case. After over 3 years of use, having originally bought the saw, 2 rails and a bag on ebay I sold for £70 more than I paid :lol:

Did you buy a new ts55r from Warren ?

chippy1970":mzm5xthd said:
Did you buy a new ts55r from Warren ?

Yes and I think it was his last 240v one in stock

Note to self - avoid going anywhere near Mayford at all costs for at least the next 6 months :lol:

I've gotta pop in there this week and pick up a huge stack of T locs (empty ones) and one of those sys toolboxes.

It is a dangerous place to go especially if you don't have strong willpower! I did notice two large piles of systainers in the shop, each about 5 foot tall - they aren't all yours are they?

Could be, I've been waiting for the tanos toolboxes in the festool colour, but I've ordered some 4's 3's 2's and 1's that he's been holding for me. Not all for me a couple of guys I work with saw the last lot of tlocs I bought from Slingers and wanted some too. I ordered from Warren this time though , keeping it local :D

Back