Track saw rails . . . which one works for my saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traffic lights work in a set sequence, so even if you can't differentiate between the colours easily you (should) know the order for signalling.

When I joined the BBC it was mandatory to pass a colour blindness test, partly for electrical safety and partly for rigging circuits in dim lighting conditions. And I quote.....https://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/posts/colour-blind-electrician

"Up until the 1970’s single phase electrical wires were coloured green, black and red. This was an issue since the most common form of colour blindness is where red and green are perceived as identical due a reduced sensitivity to red or green light.

As a result since the late 70’s the colour multi coloured (yellow and green) Earth was introduced, however it was only since 2004 that red was phased completely and brown now represents single phase line and blue represents the neutral."

Hi @robgul. I also have a Macallister circular saw. What guide rails did you end up buying? Do you recommend the longer 1400 instead of the 2 sections of 700mm?

Do you recommend the longer 1400 instead of the 2 sections of 700mm?

I have never understood why they sell the 700mm sections.

I bought 3 x 1400mm rails and made one into 800mm + 600mm with a hacksaw. For me that offers a lot of versatility, the 600mm rail being especially useful for laminate flooring used with a rail square. Joining the 800mm to a 1400mm works well for anything to do with up and down on domestic doors, leaving the other 1400mm one to do the side-to-side stuff.

Hi @robgul. I also have a Macallister circular saw. What guide rails did you end up buying? Do you recommend the longer 1400 instead of the 2 sections of 700mm?

I haven't got round to buying anything yet! - I've been doing quite a bit of work that was easier with a normal cordless circular saw and a straight-edge for short-ish cuts. Next time I visit a friend of mine I'm going to try my plunge saw on his Makita rails (and I think he has an Evolution rail too?) I'll report back as and when.

I haven't got round to buying anything yet! - I've been doing quite a bit of work that was easier with a normal cordless circular saw and a straight-edge for short-ish cuts. Next time I visit a friend of mine I'm going to try my plunge saw on his Makita rails (and I think he has an Evolution rail too?) I'll report back as and when.
The Makita rail works fine with the Festool Track saw. I know that doesn't directly help you but maybe indirectly if you know that your one is the same footprint as the festool

Latest posts

Back