Track saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Bosch track saw bought secondhand. The first few cuts showed quite a lot of burning in the ply being cut. I assume the blade is blunt or in need of sharpening.

What do I need to buy as a replacement. 165mmx20 blade. I usually buy Freud blades for all my machines.

Do I need to look for any particular blade configuration

You could check the the ‘toe in’ is set correctly. If they are dropped it can alter this and cause the back of the blade to burn.
Also, if it is blunt (and a decent quality blade) you can get them sharpened. I drop mine off at the local decent timber merchant and collect it the following week nicely sharpened for about £10.

The quality tracksaw blades can be resharpened (Bosch included, I'd expect).

Our local saw doctor does mine, very nicely, and I can probably get three or four resharpens for the price of a replacement blade.

That said, having a spare available is really sensible if using man-made boards, chipboard especially, as they can have who-knows-what in them (I have found lots of metal and plastic inclusions, for example).

So my advice would be to buy a good quality spare (Bosch?), and send off the problematic one for a resharpen. And I agree with Oakfield - check for the tiny amount of toe-in that should be there (Festool USA suggest it's the thickness of a piece of 80g copier paper!).

E.

Eric, would you mind sharing who your saw doctor is and where they're based please? No 3 child lives in Brizzle and needs a couple of blades touched up.

Thank you, Sam

Tewkesbury Saw do a postal service. Send them your blade with a contact number, pay over the phone and get your blade back within a few days.

Thank you all who replied.

New set of two Freud blades seem to have fixed the issue of burning. Ply I was cutting is very abrasive anyway. This mornings cutting schedule has gone off without any problems with good clean edges.

Back