Toys....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, given a small improvement in my back, I decided to go for delivery of some toys....

Got some chisels - just finished sharpening them...

medium.jpg

For anyone with a Tormek, this is how much iron-rubbish came off from 6 chisels and one plane blade....

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Finally ordered some of this stuff - for cleaning resin of my TS blade. Worked great!

medium.jpg

Got myself a cheapie bandsaw -

medium.jpg

And the best toy of all!

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Although who left on this plug I have no idea!

medium.jpg

OK, maybe these make best toy?

medium.jpg

But if any one thing blew me away it's this japanese saw :shock: I cannot believe how good it is. It's actually quicker than my tablesaw, even through 3" x 2" :eek: , by the time I've pressed the on switch!. It's so so easy to use. If anyones considering one, I won't be going back to a tenon saw. Ever.

medium.jpg

Adam

Hi Adam

Well, if that's what you get for having a bad back, I might even try it myself. :wink:

Glad you're on the mend.

BTW, love the gloat.

All the best
Neil

Hi Adam,

You b---dy flash git. Your on a wind up ain't you? Its bad enough dropping in a mention of a Tormek, then winding us up with the planer/thicknesser, chisels, planes, drills and a wee little bandsaw, but to actually rub my face in it with that lovely little jap saw is sadistic.

Serious though they are really nice saws ain't they? Have a nice time with your new toys.

Regards

Mike.C

Adam,
Now we understand how you hurt your back-it must of been the weight of carrying your conscience after that Mega-Gloat tm
Well done that Man!
Philly :D
( I particularly like the drill press gloat! :lol: )

bad back......no concience.... how does he sleep at nights.... sheesh...

good to see you on the mend Adam.... :wink:

Well I'm pleased, although the bank-manager is having a coronary and the credit cards do feel a little heavier than usual.

The problem with the number of new toys, other than finding a place to squeeze them in, is that I kind of have to make something now to justify them.

To that extent, I've got some ash and walnut for a TV cabinet, which I'm picking up either tomorrow or Saturday, - I've had some miller dowels delivered - as this needs to be a quick project, and intend to get cracking next week.

Dare I say it, for the time being at least, I've satisfied my tools wish-list, and want to get making some projects again.

Adam

Howdy peeps......the bad back Adam is suffering from is caused by the wod' of cash that hes has been carring around!!! Now hes cleared it all out on all those new toys, I'm sure his bad will be better in no time at all!!

Good on ya, fella.........Let me know how the Scheppach pillar drill works out.......been thinking about one of these for sometime now.

Its nice to see the there have been some advancements on the Scheppach planer/thicknesser.....I don't suppose we could have a few more pics to show us the new fence and blade cover?

Cheers.

SimonA
Whos just got an email from Axminster letting me know that they have LN dowel plates in stock!

Adam,

I'm very glad to hear your back is improving but as others have said, watch out that the weight of tools doesn't wreck it again. You have some beautiful gear there but I am a bit puzzled how you justify it by knocking up something with flat boards and Miller dowels.

What is the dowel plate for? Where do the oh so lovely Boggs get to do their stuff? And as for a radial drill press - well I just can't see it. Just hope that the LOYL does not realise you didn't need any of it for the proposed project!

A seriously good haul though!

Adam,

I'm not at all sure I can bring myself to dignify this gloatus maximus with a response. Perhaps something traditional fits the bill:

Verily, the wind doth blow mightily in thy direction
Translated into modern parlance - You suck :p

Glad the back's better, but of course next up will be the bad knee, the twisted ankle, the barked shin, the concussion... Why? Well in that size workshop, now containing the equivalent to the usual stock of a moderate size toolshop, you're just bound to trip over something. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I'm pleased for you, I really am. :roll:

Alf":1eg5k72h said:
you're just bound to trip over something. :

Eh? My workshops so small I can't trip over, 'cos I can't move - I stand in a central position and everything is within an arms reach around me!

Adam

Call that a gloat :shock: . i remember gettin an orange for christmas one year . :oops:
Hes got more toys than santa is that legal :cry:

Adam,

What's the make of the Jap saw? Where from? APTC? Interested to hear - I love the Jap saws, and get extremely good results from a very cheap ryobi, and am always looking for info on good makes

Cheers

HI Adam

Missed the original gloat due to Londinium trip.

But what a GLOAT!!!

Glad to see you finally got the P/T AND fitted it into that little workshop too.

Much pleased to see a fellow owner of the two-cherries chisels, maye we could start an owners club :lol:

Have fun and take it easy with that back mate

Cheers

Tony

PS thanks again for the surface plate.

Espedair Street":39c8kued said:
Adam,

What's the make of the Jap saw? Where from? APTC? Interested to hear - I love the Jap saws, and get extremely good results from a very cheap ryobi, and am always looking for info on good makes

Cheers

Yes it's from APTC - something I've been considering for a while, and now, having had a go on one, I just can't believe what I've been missing. Wondering now if the new chisels were a mistake - and perhaps I should have got some of the Japenese variety. :oops:

Adam

Back