Toyota hiace

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murdoch

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new van and wondered if anyone has a Toyota hiace 2007-2012 model and if there any good? Had a vivaro which has cost loads in breakdowns and repairs, so looking for the most reliable van out there and wondered if anyone has any experience with the Toyota.

Had my first high ace for 17 years...

I treated it like dung....

2years ago I started looking for a new van.....

I bought another one 2 years old...

This one is a 2.4 turbo diesel and knocks spots off the old one....

I've got the long wheel Base.

It is a bit agricultural compared to some other new vans.....

But our family car is a Citroën berlingo so I'm used to that. And that has been brilliant too...

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

just wondering why almost all toyota cars lag in design by at least 5-10years?
That car looks like is made in 1995 when looking at its interiour
no scratch that, my 1995 civic had way better looking interiour, that one looks like from 1990

kostello":3gju1z6f said:
adidat":3gju1z6f said:
Cough...transporter....cough!
That's the noise it'll be making once it has it's emissions sorted....
;-)
;-)

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Very good!!!

But I do love my one!

Claymore":1jxa89jk said:
a guy in our village has just got himself a Dacia Logan Estate car and surprised at how well built it is for the money brand new for well under £10.000 he uses it to tow a large horse box and caravan with no problems. The Dusters are great value too.... you get a lot of car for ya money compared to our Yeti mouse magnet.

hhahahah he must be a ''clever'' guy indeed if he bought it brand new.
£10k for any car to me is way too much,let alone for a dung dacia

sitefive":ay2lcdzg said:

Are you always going to be so cheerful or is there more to come from you?

sitefive":3awpufza said:
Claymore":3awpufza said:
a guy in our village has just got himself a Dacia Logan Estate car and surprised at how well built it is for the money brand new for well under £10.000 he uses it to tow a large horse box and caravan with no problems. The Dusters are great value too.... you get a lot of car for ya money compared to our Yeti mouse magnet.

Thanks for the thrifty northener opinion!

Adidat!

sitefive":1tpmtfk1 said:
Claymore":1tpmtfk1 said:

What are you planning to buy...........when you are old enough to drive ?

Hello Murdock - I have a 2008 Toyota Hiace 2.5 D4D the white van. What can I say - slower than most, cramped driving position if you are tall, not the biggest loading area, not a lot of kit inside, not the most economical (40mpg max n empty, 32mph normal) - But love it to bits; it gets serviced by me, its simple, secondhand parts are readily available (none ever wanted) and best of all it never fails; it has cost me filters oil and a tyre in the last 6 years. I use it for business, moving stuff and warm in weather camp in the back (race week at Chester n Doncaster) and it get pinched by family as a load mover. My only grumble is there are no Haynes manual for post 2004 models - nothings gone wrong but I do like a Haynes Bible just in case. I would recommend above all other vans - why have they stopped making them, go get one while they are still around !!

Thanks fred55 and Kostello, reliability is what I'm after so will start looking for a lwb version.

Not had one for quite a few years, the last one I had (column gear change) when i used to travel the UK, did +100,000 miles with out missing a beat, had 3 front seats and 3 in the back, regularly with 7 men on them!, plus tools for all of us.

Back