Tornado Complete Door and Drawer Making Set -1/2" Shank

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi i have just received this email offer from rutlands tools on router cutter set Tornado Complete Door and Drawer Making Set -1/2" Shank i am new to routers. the only cutters i have is a set form wicks. i have recently built my router table and i think i am ready experiment on my newly built table.
any one used tornado router cutters here. i will really appreciate an advice. i have attached a link blow.

https://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-p ... g-set--1_2

thanks.

I have this very set and there pretty good. You may see some reviews saying that some need shimming. I haven't had a problem with them but im guessing it was a known issue as they are now shipped with shims encase you need them.

Good cutters that seem to be of quality.

I was just looking at the set too. I have "room for" a few more cutters! :wink: It seems a good deal (now at £49.95, not sure what it was in April).

I've used a couple of the Tornado bits before - not "The Best", but very good, and a million times better than the average DIY store offering.

Just thought that I'd add - I did go ahead and buy this set, and I'm pleased I did. An amazing value set for the money!

Very nice, in a wooden box, with very practical 'rotating blocks' to holds the cutters, and plastic-lined holders for the shanks. The cutters are well designed, and nice and sharp! As Hudson says, they do come with a pack of small shims now for fine tuning! :)

This is just the initial impression; it will be a week or so before I use the first few cutters.

Back