Tormek Substitute?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:oops: sorry when you said cheap i thought you meant cheaper . I know the description is not that full on the other machine but 8,000 rpm does not seem that slow to me . Still if you are on a tight budget sawdust rates it quite highly . Good luck with any purchase you make

Steve,
I've got the Draper horizontal wet stone/ 2 inch wide white high speed combo. It looks pretty good, the white stone is brill, nice and wide and relatively cool cutting. Good for reshaping and sharpening turning tools. The wet wheel is great but the tool rest, whilst looking useful, is a bit flexy and rubbish. Also, the wet wheel was not perfectly flat, i.e. it looked like it had a wobble washer fitted. I've taken it apart and refitted it, but it must have been cast wrong. Still, its alot for the money. Wish i'd bought the Tormek though!
regards,
Philly

anobium punctatum":1ok07ooh said:
I know the description is not that full on the other machine but 8,000 rpm does not seem that slow to me .

Looking in the paper catalogue :shock: , the notes on the web are for the Proxxon drill sharpener :!: For the grinder in the picture the dry wheel runs at 2950rpm and the whetstone at 120rpm :). Much more like it :!:

Back