Torch.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
The Olympic Torch will be passing my home on Sunday, in view of the foul up in Totnes? I'm wondering if I should be playing have you got a light boy?
What do you think?

Roy.

Watching them test a torch on the One Show last week, didn't look all that convincing that it wouldn't blow out.

I've had a look at the route and it seems that the torch is taken through a local industrial estate :shock: There's lovely! :lol:

Just be careful that it ain't been sold on ebay (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

It has even reached the French TV news that these 'people' are selling the torches and some before they have even got their sweaty mits on them.

Now this is what I call the true face of the Ollies. The Lollie Ollies! Make as much as you can from them and run!

The Olympics are DEAD, long live the Olympics! (shame there is no 'vomit' smiley)

If I'd done it you wouldn't pry the torch from my cold dead hand!

Roy.

What's an Olympic Torch then? :wink:

I've nothing against it but I wouldn't look out of the window to watch them pass. :roll:

Just out of my interest.
There is a museum about the Olympics 1/2 way up a very steep hillside along Lake Geneva ( I seem to remember..its been a few years). The museum is very beautiful, the views are spectacular and there is every Olympic Torch ever used on display on the walls. Some are wonderfully extravagant and simply beautiful. The more modern torches are somewhat "contrived" in design.

On the hills alongside they grow a white wine which is to die for.....only sold locally....not available in enough quality for export.... truly a marvel.

regards
Alan

I'm really looking forward to 'catch the javlin' and 'head the shot'! Truely impressive sports, but it's a sport for the young :shock: :shock:

There was a torch carrier yesterday, walking along with the torche in one hand and mobile and texting in the other! Oh how I detest mobile phones. Mind you he was probably trying to find out how much the torche was going for on ebay? (hammer)

Hi,

They seem to be asking £100.000 to £150.000 for them, i would sell one if I had one.

Pete

Racers":1wguqb5s said:
Hi,

They seem to be asking £100.000 to £150.000 for them, i would sell one if I had one.

Pete

Given how many were made (8000), either the asking prices (start bids) are mad, or those are spoof bids.

BugBear

Hi, BB

I think the price will come down as more come on to the market.

You would think they would only need to make 3 of the things!!!

Pete

'Tis coming past our house first thing tomorrow morning.

I couldn't be more apathetic about the whole thing if I tried (I mean who really want's to watch a bunch of people running and jumping?) but I'll be popping out to see what all the fuss is about.

Hi, wobblycogs

So you have seen fire before then?

Me too!

Pete

Heard about but not seen. Sounds like an excellent invention if only we could tame it and put to to use :)

I might hold the opinion that we shouldn't have held the Olympics but it would seem churlish not to just step outside to see a once in a life time event. After all there's nothing any of us can do about it now the money has been spent.

It's a gaseous effect that mimics politics Pete in that it generates more heat than light!

Roy.

Back