Toon relegated

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5053

Established Member
Reaction score
Geordie fans better get you A-Z out and find out how to get to Scunthorpe and Peterborough. Will they make a quick return or do a Leeds, Southampton or Charlton. Its sad because the Newcastle fans are amongst the best and most loyal in the country. Howay the lads!

Sad?! It's absolutely brilliant for those of us who support teams in the Championship :D

I think it's yet another great lesson for a "big" club. You're not "big" you're "well supported", it's a shame that so many of you have to watch such ineptitude on the pitch.

ps Sky did some stats on returns to the Premiership - 26% of relegated teams get back straight away, but 40% of them never get back.

My only disappointment was that Sunderland couldn't be relegated as well :D

However, I was very pleased to see Hull stay up, they also have excellent fans.

Andy

GOD DAMN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent all day avoiding the radio, tv and anybody who knows anything about football etc. as I wanted to watch MOTD tonight to see the outcome of the relegation battle.

I come on here and my chips have been well and truly cheesed on - the title to the thread kind of gives the game away about whether Newcastle got relegated.

Karl

(A Man City fan who can remember when they went to the bottom of the 2nd league and were facing relegation to the 3rd league - and not so long ago either)

That's a sod Karl, I think the correct etiquette is to title your post "Spoiler" and not mention results. I'm just glad that it was my Villa boys that hammered the final nails in, finally we won't have to put up with whinging toon fans going on about their great team that hasn't actually won anything!

There weren't many fans going regularly back before John Hall came along with his cash and St James' was a toilet in the lower leagues. We'll see how long they all stay.

Fog, tyne, tears, bellys, hadaway and dung. Never mind, I've got beers in the fridge for a good dose of schadenfreude tonight :D

Newcastle United have suffered a similar fate to Leicester City, both have a millionaire owner who thinks that money will buy success and sack the manager every 2 months.

To be honest, I think their fate was sealed when they employed Dennis Wise, he had the same effect at Leicester.

heheh good old Soulfly, probably the strangest member we've ever had.

OXO.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maia28":3kx15yqd said:
My only disappointment was that Sunderland couldn't be relegated as well :D

However, I was very pleased to see Hull stay up, they also have excellent fans.

Andy

:roll: :roll: :roll: Black Cats now Top Dogs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for Newcastle as a club but, I've also been wanting to see them make the drop for several years now! :twisted: Seriously!!

Look at West Ham back in... 2003, was it? They had a squad which was "too good to go down" :roll: and they lost most of that over the summer. But. after re-building their squad, they were able to bounce back in to the top flight (albeit, via the play-offs) and looked like a real threat, at least for that first season anyway.

If Newcastle can do something similar, with or without Shearer then, I think they'll really benefit. In all honesty, they should've realised something was going to go wrong when the payed £10.5m for Coloccini!! :shock: Hopefully, they can offload some of the dung like him. Even Titus Bramble's had a good season, in comparison! :wink:

I do wonder whether they'd have been able to hold on. had Shay Given not departed in January... That's not to discredit Steve Harper in any way; he's also a very good shot-stopper. They just seem to start falling faster since then.

Sunderland only managed to survive because they've built a team out of Old Trafford rejects.... :oops: :wink: Good to see Middlesbrough disappear as well, they've been struggling for too long.

I've no particular axe to grind with Newcastle but I do get a feeling of schaudenfreud whenever one of these 'big' clubs go down like this. The total incomprehension on the fans' faces when they make the realisation that their beloved club are not actually amongst the elite but are not even also-rans is a joy to behold.

We had it with Leeds :D

Now Newcastle :D

I really really hope it happens to Spurs...

:lol:

The most conceited and deluded fans in the country.

Cheers
Brad

A very smug Man Utd fan who watched them get relegated in th 70's

What is it with Newcastle's attention to "big" managerial names and the cult of personality? Keegan was a retrograde step at the start of the season, let alone Shearer.

Seems to me they need to get a quiet but proven foreign coach with a 5-year plan and a more realistic sense of expectation - or at least the fans do.

And as a Villa fan, I can tell you we didn't play that well on Sunday either. Instead Newcastle were just awful.

Part of my daily punishment is to work amongst Leeds fans, though at least the last few years have offered me much amusement. They're delighted Newcastle are going down, partly schadenfreude and partly because when they went down the geordies were giving them loads of lip on the phone ins, in particular about how badly the club was run.

I agree with you about Spurs Brad, they should be next on the list, along with some accident that renders Jamie Oliver speechless

kafkaian":3d789eqe said:
What is it with Newcastle's attention to "big" managerial names and the cult of personality?

They're a big club don't you know! Maybe they could really go for the personality thing and Saturday nights on ITV over the summer can be Toon Idol where thousands of clueless idiots with no talent queue up in the vague hope of being Newcastle's next manager.

Mind you, isn't that what they were doing last season.....

Ironballs":dkyhtc6p said:
I agree with you about Spurs Brad, they should be next on the list, along with some accident that renders Jamie Oliver speechless

Spurs were doing a damned good job of it until they got Redknapp :x

billw":3bzbvk5z said:
kafkaian":3bzbvk5z said:
What is it with Newcastle's attention to "big" managerial names and the cult of personality?

They're a big club don't you know! Maybe they could really go for the personality thing and Saturday nights on ITV over the summer can be Toon Idol where thousands of clueless idiots with no talent queue up in the vague hope of being Newcastle's next manager.

Mind you, isn't that what they were doing last season.....
It's a weird obsession if you ask me. The nearest they've come to winning anything in the last half century apart from the Fairs Cup <ahem> is the PL title that Keegan blew just after his "I'd just love it..." speech

Ah well I'll look forward to them coming to Oakwell next season so I can laugh!

ps I see you're a Villain! Got a fair few stories about them - I was one growing up in Sutton Coldfield. I won't bore a woodwork audience with them though :wink:

billw":2bt4y21q said:
ps I see you're a Villain!
Yep! Been a Villan since my father put a stop to my maternal grandfather's attempts at turning all his grandsons into Bluenosers. I was the only one of claret and blue - just like Dad.

Back