Toolstation new web site - even worse than before?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
Yup the, er, marketing people* at Travis Perkins have rolled out a major update over the new year.

In my opinion,

• It's very slow
  • The search is even worse than before
  • It's graphics-heavy so likely to stuff data allowances on a mobile
  • It has stupid features (like "recommended for you" nonsense, based on dumb use of cookies) that simply get in the way of the task.

The last "update" was pretty poor, too, and it took them months to improve it. This seems to be even worse.

What's really galling is that I am paying for their incompetence in the pricing and in wasted time. I conclude that they probably don't want my business any more.

E

*proper marketing people know about testing, using focus groups sensibly, etc.

I agree it is worse than before. If it aint broke dont fix it. BUT the website designers have to be seen to be "improving " the site in order to justify their jobs

I have to admit to only using their old website when I absolutely had to.Its sad if there has been a drop in quality and the cookie dumping is getting pretty bad everywhere.I have my browser set to reject third party cookies and to delete all cookies when I close it.It stops the things proliferating.

Would it be enlightening to have a poll to identify the worst websites we encounter with a woodworking connection?

It worked perfectly well for me a moment ago. Search function was almost instantaneous.

Yep, agree it's poor, prefer the previous version. An example is that you could previously select stock quantities to show for your local store for a session where you browsed several different products.

Now, unless i have missed something, you have to check individually on each product you are interested in ?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Compared to the B&Q website it's very good! Our local Toolstation has very friendly staff and they always say'have a free drink on us!' :D
Regards Keith

I quite liked the previous toolstation website.

Products were displayed in groups and it was possible to view the catalogue pages.

The qty in the selected store was listed.

Now, on my tablet, its not possible to have the image and page small as its optimised for mobiles.

And if you try and sroll the page over the product image, it scrolls a magnified image not the page.

Latest posts

Back