• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

TOOLSTATION just opened near me, I'm impressed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
There has never been a Toolstation near me till a couple of weeks ago so whenever I needed anything quickly my only option was to pop in to the local Screwfix.

I needed some 24" hook and band hinges for a gate I was going to be hanging today so popped in to Screwfix yesterday evening. I thought the hinges were a bit expensive at £19.99 each so thought I would try the new Toolstation next door. Turns out I got a pair of 24" hinges and a ring latch for less than the price of one hinge in Screwfix (and the quality was fine)!

Is everything this good value at Toolstation or was I just lucky with my first purchase there?

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I tend to find Toolstation a bit cheaper. Not normally to that degree, but worth the extra few mins to get there.

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
They are usually a bit cheaper than Screwfix and sell some big brands as well as lesser known. They also have a free drinks machine! I've never had to take anything back and they offer free delivery over £10.
Regards Keith

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
one's just opened near me too, I can literally walk there which is nice, keep getting tempted by wera screwdrivers when I just need a 60p plug head, the prices are good, saves me having to wait a few days and ordering from amazon when I need something fast.

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
Another variant of Screwfix, I find both good. One thing that I do go to Toolstation for specifically though are their Torx headed screws as they're no dearer than a typical pozi head there.

Rorschach

The end is nigh.
Reaction score
Toolstation is next door to Screwfix here. I always compare the two when doing a job and usually end up buying from both stores to get the cheapest price.

What I can never understand though is how some identical things can vary so much in price between the two stores.

Also I tend to find that toolstation are geared more toward trade whereas screwfix are a bit more public friendly.