Toolstation disappointing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Placed order before 6 on Wednesday 110mm pipe, 2 Y junctions, 2 pipe couplings and a socket plug, next day delivery, Tuffnals wagon pulls up with 110mm pipe but no fittings, "sorry mate the other box isn't here, I'll ring the depot and see where it is.....bad news mate, it's still in Haydock, afraid it won't be delivered today"
I ring Toolstation, the chap I spoke to said, "it's at the Tuffnals Felling depot, it will be with you later today" I told him what the driver said, but the chap from Toolstation was adamant it would be delivered later.
I ring Toolstation again at 6.15, spoke to a young lady, told her the full story, "sorry to hear that sir" I asked if I can cancel the order and drive to my local Toolstation (20 mile round trip) to buy the missing fittings, "sorry sir, I cant cancel the order until I find out where the missing bits are".
12.40 today Tuffnals arive with a box (or so I thought) of fittings I had ordered, driver very nicely placed the box on the garage/workshop floor, I sign the delivery note and finish my lunch.
I go to open box and discover the bottom is loosely held on with security tape, 1 Y junction cracked, and missing 1 pipe coupling, I ring Toolstation again and complain, "sorry to hear that sir" said the lady on the phone, "I will credit you for the missing item and the damaged item, do you want me to check the stock at your nearest Toolstation so you can buy them", "NO, I can buy the same things from Screwfix round the corner from me, unfortunately they're a little more expensive but the price difference wouldn't pay for the diesel", "ok sir, is there anything else I can help you with".
I'm very angry, I didn't raise my voice, I didn't swear, and Toolstation consider this strike 1, 3 strikes and your out, AND STOP SAYING 'I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT SIR' because I don't really think you are.

Rant over, I'm off to eat my dinner.

Stew

I like Toolstation for their prices, with Screwfix not far behind. Unfortunately, although the staff are always very polite and friendly, they are working their because McDonald's wasn't hiring at the time.

They are on minimum wage, and don't know 1 end of a hammer from the other. It's not a career for them, just a lousy paid job. They will make mistakes, and lots of them.

Last time I was in there I'm sure I heard them practising the phrase "Do you want fries with that"

But, I will be going back, again and again...

Doorframe, I think you may be being a bit disingenuous there, all the staff at my local Toolstation are not only extremely helpfull but knowledgeable as well.

I have always had great service from toolstation. The staff in store and on the end of the phone have always been really helpful. Imagine if a few of them worked for the utilities! The couriers on the other hand seem to be very variable.

I have to say, Ive always had good service from toolstation, both online and in store.

Their £10 order to get free delivery is very handy and I find prices are good. Less keen on their tools which are often silverline. Although, I needed a straight router bit recently and bought a silverline one for about £3.00! and for a one job it worked very well -tips are very very small!

Back