Toolstation, coming soon near you.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProShop

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had an note from Toolstation, ScrewFix's main rival is to start opening counters accross the UK. Starting in Southampton.
So no waiting in for deliveries, just go & pick up your order.

For those who don't know the story so far :- The owner of Toolstation is the former owner of Screwfix, when he sold to B &Q about 6 or so years ago he had to sign an agreement not to start a rival firm for 5 years. Last year the 5 years was up and quess what, (OK so your ahead of me now :)).
Toolstation is growing fast, last year when Screwfix Screwed Up :):) they more than doubled sales.

There range is not as big as Screwfix yet but every catalogue gets bigger each time.

I know not everyone is a fan of Screwfix & Toolstation some of the stuff is c**p, but it depends on what you looking for.

Anyway heres a copy of the note I recieved.

Dear John,

Latest news from Toolstation!

Now open! Toolstation's newest Warehouse / Counter, located conveniently to serve Southampton, Portsmouth and the M27 corridor has opened, on track with our intention to open hundreds of Toolstation counters around the country.

As with all Toolstation counters, it is easy to access with ample parking and will be fully stocked with all 8,500 product lines so that customers can pick up the entire Toolstation range on a daily basis.

So if you're on the South Coast at any time, REMEMBER: you can pick up all your requirements direct from the branch - at the same low, low prices that you see in the Toolstation catalogue and at toolstation.com - but without the need to wait for, or pay for delivery.

Call in soon - manager Alan Nipper and all the staff at the new Toolstation look forward to serving you.

P.S. We're open on Sundays and Bank Holidays 9am-2pm.

New branch details:

Toolstation
Unit 2, Matrix Park
Talbot Road
Fareham
Hampshire
PO15 5AP

Hope you find this info helpful.

Ah ha. This is quite handy for me - just a quick canter along the M27. Any tool retailer is usually worth at least one ferreting expedition. After all, some of the own brand tools that Wickes sells look suspiciously like big name items that have been badged.

Thanks for the info.

Regards.

The Toolstation in Yeovil was one of the first to open last year. Yeovil is Screwfixes home and Toolstation is already more popular than Sfx with locals. Some good stuff, some C**p but they do sell some things in smaller quantities that Sfx still only sell in bulk.

Back