TOOLS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU NEEDED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one, had it for years and years, used it occasionally.
I gave it away.

Now every program and you tube vid features a Shinto saw rasp.

WHY did I give it away ???. I miss my Shinto saw rasp 😭

Don't worry about it if you had no feelings for it and it did not do as it was told for you you did the correct thing in passing it on to someone that could give it the love it required.

Good for you mate, I help out by sending tools and woodworking books over to the Philippines had some good feedback from them.

&1 for Shinto rasp if you work with difficult grain or do a lot of roughing out complex shapes. I’ve worn out 2 of them

Doris I think you are a little obsessed with lathes! I do like steak and chips though.
If you go on some of the lathe forums you find people who have four or five different examples of the same basic machine, and these are things that are 6 or 7 foot long and weigh over 3/4 of a ton. Wish I had the room, the money or the understanding wife to contemplate such a collection.

You sound like the perfect wife - could I give your details to my good lady, so she can start to learn the importance of more tools! 😄

Why thank you, however I cannot hoover, iron a shirt or cook dinner without a hint of blackness on the corners. ;)
If you have a lathe, then start fixing things with it for the missus. That's how I saw the importance of the mighty lathe when hubby first got one. He seems more eager to fix things if it involves his lathe I've found.

Doris I think you are a little obsessed with lathes! I do like steak and chips though.

Hubby has two lathes and I currently have two lathes myself, I think so far between us we have 9 lathes in total. Hubby has had 5 and I've had 4 and contemplating my 5th.

I'm sure there are many who change/upgrade their car just as much as that.

If you go on some of the lathe forums you find people who have four or five different examples of the same basic machine, and these are things that are 6 or 7 foot long and weigh over 3/4 of a ton. Wish I had the room, the money or the understanding wife to contemplate such a collection.

Hubby has fantasied about a Colchester lathe but due to the logistics of getting it in and up the garden I have declined, but not before he had done so anyway.

Back