TOOLS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU NEEDED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It you haven't already got them all the attachments for a Fein Multi tool, the rubber shaped sanding blocks to get into chamfered T&G is a life saver, Multi hole sanding attachment with Abranet discs are amazing for the lack of dust when attached to a shop vac.

A roofing square used mine so much I bought two other size's.

Rubio monocoat training day it’s about £50 , fun day playing with stains etc and learning about the product chatting with like minded people and you get a few free gifts and £50 voucher when I went

Maybe not a tool but was fun

I have a birthday coming up and relatives have been asking my wife what to get me as a present. What do you get the man who has everything? I have all the tools I need but are there tools out there that I don’t necessarily need but would be nice to have. Any suggestions for tools costing under £100?
You might need to expand your horizons as to what you want to make, then you might find you NEED some different tools.

I have a birthday coming up and relatives have been asking my wife what to get me as a present. What do you get the man who has everything? I have all the tools I need but are there tools out there that I don’t necessarily need but would be nice to have.

Question 1. Got a Wood Turning lathe? Yes
Question 2. Got an Engineers lathe? Yes
Question 3. Got a Watchmakers lathe? Yes
Question 4. Got a Pole lathe? Yes

Steak and Chips

This is the list I'm working through for my hubby, currently at question 2 still, there's so many things you can buy for an engineers lathe I'm finding. One day he'll get steak and chips for his birthday.

Steak and Chips

This is the list I'm working through for my hubby, currently at question 2 still, there's so many things you can buy for an engineers lathe I'm finding. One day he'll get steak and chips for his birthday.
Buy a metal milling machine.
If you have a metal lathe , you might find a mill complimentary
Cost a bit more than 100 quid ! But are you up to the learning challenge ?

Pyrography is an interesting string too the woodworkers bow. A good kit is around £100.
Tony

Is there a tool you use often that is just a cheapy - upgrading that to something really nice means you have something you wouldn’t have bought but will use.

I keep my spare bubbles by the left handed screwdrivers and tartan paint. I once found I only had a short stand to hand, so sent a bloke to ask for a long stand. He came back empty handed about an hour later, still confused!
Ah but what about your buff sparks?

Steak and Chips

You sound like the perfect wife - could I give your details to my good lady, so she can start to learn the importance of more tools! 😄

Things that bring me pleasure but are not necessary
Nice pencil sharpener
Self rotating propelling pencil
Bluetooth ear defenders
Moleskine sketchbook

I got a Knew concepts fretsaw as a present and I don't get on with it very well, so wouldn't recommend one of those.
Also a Fisher Space Pen. It doesnt leak at 32000ft, writes on most surfaces even when wet and I carry one all the time.

INCRA Precision Rules/Protractors.

No more parallax error! Easily work to 0.5mm accuracy.

Both bought from woodworkersworkshop

Attachments

• ED603C76-D224-498C-8E9E-D9C9542185DC.jpeg
    ED603C76-D224-498C-8E9E-D9C9542185DC.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 0
Back