TOOLS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU NEEDED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

mrpercysnodgrass

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a birthday coming up and relatives have been asking my wife what to get me as a present. What do you get the man who has everything? I have all the tools I need but are there tools out there that I don’t necessarily need but would be nice to have. Any suggestions for tools costing under £100?

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
without knowing what you have, it becomes an impossible question to answer, but I'll try!

an (or another?) Estwing hammer.

Estwing is a bit run of the mill, my next hammer will be from here, nice stuff and I think the price isn't too bad considering

Essex Barn Workshop

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps a packet of spare bubbles for the level?
You may not need them right away, but it would be fun to ask.
I keep my spare bubbles by the left handed screwdrivers and tartan paint. I once found I only had a short stand to hand, so sent a bloke to ask for a long stand. He came back empty handed about an hour later, still confused!

Terry - Somerset

Established Member
Reaction score
Think about upgrading your existing collection with small quality items - eg: plenty of Veritas (or other quality manufacturer) gizmos below £100 - honing guides, bevel gauge, dovetail saw, straight edge.

Just type Veritas into the search box on Axminster site.

It may not broaden your woodworking capability but they will be a pleasure to use!

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Ulmia 728/2 The rarer long stem model or one of these 👇 a chevalet de marquetry

1656671244563.png

Blackswanwood

Still Learning
Reaction score

I received one of these in similar circumstances. Never thought I’d need it but it’s extremely useful.

Another thought would be Workshop Heaven hand stitched rasps.

mrpercysnodgrass

Established Member
Reaction score
Than you for all the suggestions so far, keep them coming. I had forgotten about the kinetic hammers, I do like them so may put one on the list, also the ulmia cutter, that is not something I have and would be very useful.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
I had this as a present at Xmas and have been suitably impressed with it......Quality is nice and it's really accurate.....Its been my go to Squares since I've had it and comes with a handy storage case as well....👍

Latest posts