Tools shops in New York.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1245

Established Member
Reaction score
My friend is in NY over christmas and new year, and i was thinking of cashing in on the exchange rate and asking him to pick me up some LN bench chisels. Are there any good tool shop in NY to buy them from?

I had a quick search on google, but could only find a shop called Garret Wade, which only seem to sell them in the set.

Thanks
Matt.

Matt It is better to order the bits you want on the internet and get them delivered to his hotel to bring back for you
Barry

Matt,
Just get LN to ship to your friends address in NY, no problem.
I have a pilot friend who is bringing me back several items that have been shipped to his hotel.I have done this a few times now no probs.
Regards
Martin

Matt,

If LN ship to a NY address you can also avoid the US Sales Tax that would be levied if you bought at Garrett Wade's shop in NY.

Great deal - saving another 7% or so!

Phil

Good Surname or what ?":2fj5ihnm said:
Matt,

If LN ship to a NY address you can also avoid the US Sales Tax that would be levied if you bought at Garrett Wade's shop in NY.

Great deal - saving another 7% or so!

Phil

That would be New York state sales tax. ;) At least for now the US does not collect sales tax.

Too bad your friend couldn't go to Maine and pick up some tools right from L-N. It is a beautiful part of the country and there's loads of other stuff to do and see.

Dave R":med63ktm said:
Too bad your friend couldn't go to Maine and pick up some tools right from L-N. It is a beautiful part of the country and there's loads of other stuff to do and see.

Is that anywhere near Cape Cod? The missus mentioned that she'd always wanted to go to Cape Cod and I just grunted. But if it's near to somewhere sensible then I might just be interested. :wink:

Roger Sinden":1ifluefr said:
Dave R":1ifluefr said:

Is that anywhere near Cape Cod? The missus mentioned that she'd always wanted to go to Cape Cod and I just grunted. But if it's near to somewhere sensible then I might just be interested. :wink:

About five hours.

Brad

Roger, tell your missus that she'd much rather go to Maine. The lobstahs ah bettah, the scenery is nicer and the people are friendlier. I don't live there but I could probably come up with 100 things to do and see all along Highway 1 which runs up the coast.

L-N is right on Hwy 1 so it wouldn't be out of the way at all.

wrightclan":vexjb0o8 said:
Roger Sinden":vexjb0o8 said:
Dave R":vexjb0o8 said:

About five hours.

Brad

Thanks Brad...not far then :?

Dave - lobsters will tempt her :D

I'll second Dave's taste buds ;) was out there for five weeks just driving around looking at the great scenery, we actually drove past the L-N shop/factory :oops: ,
only after we arrived at our next camp site, and got set up. Did IO get permission to drive backand pop in.
Just my luck that ALL the toys ahem tools I wanted were out of stock and I mean out of stock.
The shop manager, promised to pull a no.9 out of the casting shop and get it
finished and sent on to our hotel in Bostron BEFORE we had to fly out , :D

he managed it with a Full day to spare, :D :D

So , put your best smile on and tell your LoML that Maine and Boston will be a great holiday ;)

In addition to L-N, you need to go to Captain Tinkham's Emporium in Searsport, Hull's Cove Tool Barn in Hull's Cove, near Bar Harbor and Liberty Tool Company in Liberty. They're related. Here's a link: http://www.jonesport-wood.com/

If the missus is into art, then you need to take a boat out to Monhegan Island as well as stop at the Museum in Rockland. There are a zillion other art galleries, too.

Go to Boothbay Harbor to eat lobstahs at the Lobstermen's Coop. Sail out of Rockport on a schooner. Watch the sunrise from the top of Cadillac Mountain--the first place in the continental US to see the sunrise. Eat Damariscotta oysters at King Eider's Pub in Damariscotta. There are shops in Freeport including L.L.Bean. And on and on....

Back