Tools Poll Forum - Cast Your Vote

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

The new forum to assist with people buying tools has just started with a poll for heavy duty routers.

The Trend T9 currently has 50% of the vote. OK only six of us have voted so far!!! :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Are you voting a particular model because you have used it and think it's the best or because it's the one you'd like to have??

Good question, CYC.

I haven't voted simply because I've only ever used one heavy duty router, and wouldn't know whether to "recommend" it or not :?

Perplexed non-voter, Alf

I am in the same boat, I didn't vote because I haven't used any of them, but if I was given free one of them I know which one I would pick :wink:

Maybe, the Poll question needs rewording. Personally I think that people should cast a vote on the Router they own and they are happy with it. That's my input anyway.

Hi Charley

Perhaps there could be two questions: -

Which heavy duty router do you own/use?

Would you recommend it?

That would show the number of people who own one and whether they are satisfied.

How does that sound?

Cheers
Neil

I have just voted in the heavy end of the poll cause thats the router I use.

Not owning a light weight router how do get around to see the results in the lightweight poll with out voting?

Sorry Medium

Sawdust Producer":x3d0tnqa said:
I have just voted in the heavy end of the poll cause thats the router I use.

Not owning a light weight router how do get around to see the results in the lightweight poll with out voting?

Sorry Medium

Click on 'View Results'

when I suggested the "constant poll" idea I probably should have been more accurate with my suggestion.

lets try not to get too bogged down with the details, if you do you will tend to find that people will find the system/data available more difficult to use!!!!!

i was working on the assumption that MOST people buy/get what they want (and therefore would suggest to others). if you are in the unfortunate situation where you own a whole bunch of tools but would`nt suggest anyone else buy them, then don`t vote :)

again, surely some info for users would be better than none/hard to interpret.

e.g. vote for which router you would suggest somebody should maybe buy (even if you don`t own it, have never seen it or used it, but want one yourself) based on your opinion and various magazine reviews/forum posts.

-> now I`m not sure I would find the data this poll creates very usefull :)

I did`nt intend the poll suggestion to indicate whether you recommend it, but WHAT YOU USE!
there may be a difference, personally I find what people use more interesting/usefull

just my 2ps worth

I didn't intend the poll suggestion to indicate whether you recommend it, but WHAT YOU USE!
there may be a difference, personally I find what people use more interesting/usefull

Steven that's what I had understood from your suggestion, and that's what I think would be the most valuable information.
Now this has been clarified in this thread but I think that the title of the polls (or description) needs to be reworded to make it clear to the members voting and reading the results.
Say what do you think admins?

Back