Tools at ALDI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
OK so these are not going to be the best there is, but the ALDI leaflet of special buys came with our local free paper.

During this month they are going to have the following on sale:

Tracker £9.99 metal / main detector, useful when using second hand timber for finding the odd nail before the blade :)

Junior Folding Sawhorse £11.99 for a pair.

25 m 13amp cable reel with 4 sockets £8.99, looks like the Jo-Jo one I have in the workshop

Pneumatic Nailing Gun £19.99

Air Compressor £69.99 OK no flames for these but if you have a fence to do it looks like a good deal :!:

Belt Sander £19.99 800W 75mm * 533mm belt, comes with 3 belts, looks the same as the Screwfix 800w Toledo (£24.99), they list this size belt :idea:

Bench Drill 500W 9 speed 16mm chuck £29.99, the picture shows this as having a rack and pinion table adjuster :D , my old Rhino doesn't have this :( and is only 245W might get one of these.

I have just found the ADLI web site here http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/specials_0 ... rs_nav.htm

If you have a store near by it might be worth poping in, I do know that the stuff on special offer is limited stock and when its gone its gone :!: very B&Q :!:

Hope this is useful to a few of you.

Regards,

DaveL

Dave
Do you know when they will have the bench drills in, look good but my closest store is about 12 miles away.
If you have a Lidl store near you they have some great stuff aswell,
got a 900 watt belt sander not long ago for about £20 and a 500 watt work light on a tripod for £13. :D
Mick B

Mick,

The drills are due on 27 March.

Your right about Lidl, I bought a pair of metal trestles for £3.99 each, Axminster list what looks the same for £39.83 a pair! :D
I also picked up a box of 5 Forstner bits 15mm to 35mm for £3.49, I have never used this type of bit, but these cheap ones have won me over, they are much better than flat bits. :lol:

I live 1.5 miles from an ALDI, but work over 50 miles away so getting to buy the specials is quite tricky. I have a Lidl at a walkable distance for lunch time from work so that not too bad.

I wish you luck getting a drill :D

Regards,

DaveL

Thanks for that Dave
I see in Lidl next week they have adjustable trestles for £8.99 each, dont know if there the same ones you have, praps they were too much of a bargain. :wink:
Thanks again Mick

Hi DaveL,

I bought the belt sander about a year ago in Aldi called Craft and so far so good, for 20 quid its not bad at all, I am quite pleased with it, it has done quite a bit of work, with no problems. One word of advise, when you have finished using it, release the tension on thr belt, as it will stretch and the next time you go to use it, the belt wiil slip like hell, I would think this applies to all belt sanders.
You can get more belts for it from Screwfix.

Good luck with your purchase, I find Aldi stuff quite good and that includes the food at half the price!

Food at half price maybe i should take the wife up there as iam a kind & helpful chap :wink:
The 27th sounds a pritty good day to go :wink:
Must drop a cupple more hints first about that drill i need
Mick

DaveL
Did you get one of the piller drils today :?: , I did but i see the rack & pinion has been taken off :( . I noticed one in screwfix same spec but £60 so i think its still a bargain.
A bit of a shock when i got there and found a large Q :eek: , they didnt open for another half hour.
Thanks for the tip :wink:
Mick

I got one today as well and it is exactly like the screwfix ferm pillar drill. Which means that the next thing is a mortice attachment to go along with it.
I was lucky I got there half an hour early and was seventh in line. By the time they opened up there were over twenty waiting and more turning up.
I've had a good look and apart from the missing rack and pinion it looks a good piece of kit. :lol:
Drew

Hi Mick,

One of my friends has picked up a belt sander and a drill press for me :D , I will get then from him tomorrow evening. :)
He said the queue was longer than last week when he got the nailer, one for me and one for himself. :lol:
I have tried out the nailer, not on the face of furniture like Norn, I am using it for making jigs and boxes for the workshop. :wink:
Its a pity if the drill does not have the rack and pinion but as you say its still a good buy.

Looking forward to picking up the new stuff tomorrow, its been a good week I bought some new cutters and guides for the router from Axminster that I have not had time to try out yet. Its going to be a busy weekend, shame work gets in the way of making things so much! :evil:

Regards,

DaveL

Hi,
I have quite a few Power Craft (Aldi Tools). I can confirm that they are very good value for money.
Martin

Back