Tools @ Aldi (Sunday 15th July)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j

Established Member
Reaction score
There are some Aldi Tool Deals this sunday.

1000W 8" Table Saw £32.99
500W Multi-function Saw £14.99
3 Piece Multi-function Saw Blade Set £ 2.99
Digital Caliper £7.99
Table Vice/Suction Vice £4.99
6 Piece File Set £4.99
Accessory Drawers £6.99
Multi-purpose Saw £4.99
Screws and Bolts Set £3.99
Universal Cutter £2.99

J

Waste of time J

They are too "stuck up" here to go to Aldi :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got some really good f clamps there the other week 5 for 6 quid that are any bit as good as the expensive makes.

My all time best buy was a cordless drill from Lidl - it goes on and on.
Cost £25 and I'd match it against any of the £100+ jobs any day

lurker":9wuhyrs1 said:
Waste of time J

They are too "stuck up" here to go to Aldi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steady on Jim, anyway shouldn't you be working :eek:

Some cheaper tools are OK if you hardly use them but I wouldn't expect them to last very long.

By the way thaks for the mags and chisel.

Martin

I want to put a digital readout on a compound vice I use on the drill. Think I'll drop in and get one of those verniers. For £7.99 I won't feel too bad if I end up welding it on :lol:

I own the table saw, bought it a couple of years ago for £30.
It has done everything I ask of it (admitadly not a lot) I've cut small chipboard, ply sheets to size, ripped lengths of softwood, windowsill. All worked fine. Obviously I can't and don't expect it to perform as well as the big guns, but at a price that many would consider cheap for just a blade, it can't be beat. And when I'm not using it I can stick it in a cupboard and get it out the way :)

My brother recently needed to measure some holes to get appropriate sized bolts, and as luck would have it Netto had some digital calipers for £4.99 that day. Maybe not as accurate as the pro tools, but far more accurate than guessing with a ruler/tape measure. Since he bough it he's found many other things which are just so much easier to measure with it and he doesn't know how he managed without it all these years.

Obviously there are some tools sold at these places that are utter rubbish, but then you can probably go to any expensive tool shop and find expensive utter rubbish aswell :)

Cheers
J

ooh lip gloss and ladyshaves as well. Think i'll get the table saw if theres any left. Thanks for the info

Just checked out the digital caliper, loads there and they look great for the money. If i didn't already have 2 i would have got one. Regards Andy

Andy Pullen":1jwpaop0 said:
Just checked out the digital caliper, loads there and they look great for the money. If i didn't already have 2 i would have got one. Regards Andy

Well I looked at Sealey, Draper and Mitutoyo callipers (English spelling?) and the Aldi Special looks to use exactly the same digital unit

The tolerances are advertised as the same - ±0.02 mm, which is good enough for me. At £7.99 it's worth the risk with a 3-year warranty

Is EVERYTHING made in China and badged as either cheap, not so cheap or expensive according to brand?

Is there any point buying brand names in this instance?

Link to Sealey and Mitutoyo on Tooled-up

I checked out the Aldi calipers and bought some.I have a set of digital mitutoyo and obviously did a comparison and guess what? I got the same read outs when measuring bolts ,plate steel, holes etc. Now I have the Aldi ones in the workshop and the Mitutoyo ones in the house because I don,t want to abuse(use) them.
Cheers John

Amateurrestorer":2etskozd said:
I checked out the Aldi calipers and bought some.I have a set of digital mitutoyo and obviously did a comparison and guess what? I got the same read outs when measuring bolts ,plate steel, holes etc. Now I have the Aldi ones in the workshop and the Mitutoyo ones in the house because I don,t want to abuse(use) them.
Cheers John

Well, I might as well buy another set of Aldi specials so I can abuse two pairs :lol:

Gary,

Nothing I wanted this time.

Had a big splurge at Screwfix and a bigger one at Axminster and then someone talked me into a router table that I didn't really need.
:roll: :roll:

Thats it for now until I meet up with the slope greasers at Steve's bash on Saturday.

I think Martin may have gone down there for a mop & bucket:
Sorry Martin :cry:

Back