Tools 2005 - meeting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugbear

Established Member
Reaction score
I hereby propose that over and above the traditional meeting place during the day, the following.

That from 6.00 PM onwards on Thursday 10th November, the Loco Bar of the Great Western Hotel (in Exeter) be designated the official hand tool meeting point.

http://www.greatwesternhotel.co.uk/

I suggest this for a number of reasons.

Most people are attending on the 10th.

Some people are only in Exeter for the day.

Some people may be staying for more than one day (e.g. exhibitors - Hi Rob!)

The Great Western Hotel has GREAT beer (trust me...) and the food is also good. It is very close to the railway station (St. Davids, 5 minutes by foot, max). This has the benefit that anyway travelling by rail could use a slightly later train to return, and still attend the meet. Being close to the station means there's no need to allow "delay" allowance which you'd have to do if taking a taxi to the station from another location.

It's a large place, with many rooms. If an ARMY of us turn up, they'll still manage.

Gentlemen - and ladies - I commend this bar to the house!

BugBear

bugbear":2s98yh7x said:
I hereby propose that over and above the traditional meeting place during the day, the following.

That from 6.00 PM onwards on Thursday 10th November, the Loco Bar of the Great Western Hotel (in Exeter) be designated the official hand tool meeting point.

I second the proposal.

Provided:

a. I can get a room.

b. Woodturners are allowed (I do use lots of hand tools with my lathe! Oh, and other hand tools anyway.) :wink:

Is it easy to get from and to Westpoint from the Loco Bar, Bugbear?

Cheers,

Trev.

trevtheturner":1k7ws4ep said:
Is it easy to get from and to Westpoint from the Loco Bar, Bugbear?
Depends how much you've had I expect... :wink:

Alas, I think my presence is unlikely. Mainly 'cos I'll be in an exhausted heap by then, but also my dinner will be waiting for me in Exmouth at about 7-ish - I hope. Oh, and so will my folks, which I suppose should have come first... 8-[ :oops:

Other than that, I'd have come. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

bugbear":3vfxk856 said:
I hereby propose that over and above the traditional meeting place during the day,

What :D where :-$ when :eek:ccasion5: is the traditional meeting place during the day,

Blimey, BugBear - I didn't mean to wear you out! :oops: I just thought that as you sounded pretty familiar with the place the info. would come off the top of your head.

But anyway, many thanks for your time and trouble.

Cheers,

Trev.

Hi -

Will be packing up a few odds and ends to take along to the show - and will have something at the stand for those that dare utter the secret password....

I've given it a bit of thought (debated using "Ni", but that's been done before....) and have selected "doo-dah" - in honor of an esteemed board member....

Remember to whisper it quietly.... I don't want to run out of "doo-dahs" early..... :lol: :lol:

Cheers -

Rob
(I think it's stand 157...)

Rob Lee":1ai1ada8 said:
and have selected "doo-dah" - in honor of an esteemed board member....
What can I say? Obviously I was hoping for the Order of the Maple Leaf with Crossed Hockey Sticks, but an honour's an honour. :lol: It's only a matter of time before the Patent Pending Doo-Dah hits the catalogue, isn't it? Probably some time at the beginning of April...

Rob Lee":1ai1ada8 said:
(I think it's stand 157...)
It is. Opposite the Leigh stand. Ooo, tempting to go and tease Keith about fine drawer front cutters and sliding dovetails for pedestal tables. :-k :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Rob Lee":34sjrxel said:
Waka":34sjrxel said:
Rob

I can't make the show this year, work commitments so I'm wispering do dah as quitely as I can.

Hi -

If you send me your postal address at [email protected] , I'll make sure you gete a "doodah".... :lol:

Cheers -

Rob

Hang on a mo', he didn't say the magic word. He only said "do dah" which is a completly different sort of "doo dah" than the one in question.

Regards,
Barry

Who has been leaving Tools 2005 leaflets all over the house but LOML just ignores them. :cry:
Did get one nicely ironed tonight though. :roll:

Thanks Bugbear ....digs all booked...looking farrward to meeting everyone.......I've elected to drive down...just incase the wallet gets opened.......

Ian

Hopefully Chris,
will be going all out this time home to get some ready....I've been lapping some sides and soles out here and wow the stainless is nice......If i havent got a whole one i'll be dissapointed but i will have one at least 75% done but hoping for a full one
ive been building rotary 3 phase converters out here for some fun , just to show the apprentices hows its done.....once i eventually get home (weather permitting) I will post a diagram and where to get bits for building one....so simple.

Ian

Back