Tools 2005 - meeting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the meet was thinly attended, although I prefer to use the word "exclusive"

The roll call was me, Helen, Ian Dalziel, and Rob Lee!

The food and drink were absolutely excellent.

Rob was true to his word, and bought a round, and he, Ian and I chatted on tool related matters into the depths of the night, much to Helen's disgust.

Oh - hint. Never try and out tool gloat someone who's planning to open a vintage tool museum. DAMHIKT.

BugBear (who did at least think that Rob liked his folding ruler)

bugbear":3a9q3sjk said:
Well, the meet was thinly attended, although I prefer to use the word "exclusive"

The roll call was me, Helen, Ian Dalziel, and Rob Lee!
Coo, very select company. Gloats must have been flying thick and fast! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

bugbear":lu863ofx said:
Alf is...
Reading Woodworker Annuals,

Is that re-reading, or have you been extravagent (or lucky) ?
Lucky. :D Dave found some in a bookshop and very kindly purchased on my behalf. A sucessful transfer of saws in exchange for same on Wednesday evening resulted in my adding 1934, '35, '38, '39 & '40 to my collection. \:D/ \:D/ As I already have '36 & '37 that's a pretty good run of pre-war ones now. :D And yes, before someone asks, it is a collection. I admit it, I'm a collector of Woodworker Annuals. I'll come quietly. 8-[

Cheers, Alf

A sucessful transfer of saws in exchange for same on Wednesday evening resulted in my adding 1934, '35, '38, '39 & '40 to my collection.

Trading is so much nicer than cash, I feel.

Congrats.

BugBear

Alf
If you can post a pic and info of a typical Woodwork Annual I'll ask my neighbour who is a book ferret to keep an eye out for you, he'd love it!
Regards
Martin

If you can post a pic and info of a typical Woodwork Annual

They're simply A4, a dull pea green, and have woodworker on them (in gold, IIRC).

Here's a typical description from online:
Publisher: Evans Brothers, London Wartime vol., tools designs, timbers, methods, repairs, adverts, sketches and photos and more. 1940-green cloth, blk embossed lettering, 324pp, 26.5x21, 12 months Jan.-Dec., index, loose spine, cover has several gloss scuffs.

(dimension in cm, I suspect)

Anything post 1965 is less interesting IMHO. But prior to this they are a mecca of amatuer hand tool practice

BugBear

bugbear":1m3nnu0s said:
Anything post 1965 is less interesting IMHO. But prior to this they are a mecca of amatuer hand tool practice BugBear

Thanks bugbear, very timely. Hey ALF - hear that? ching ching? Sounds like my 1942 copy we are in discussions over just doubled in price :lol: :lol: :wink:

Adam

Thanks, BB... ](*,)

Well as I said, Adam, I'm happy to leave that one anyway; being as how I'm trying to go as largely pre-war as possible. :whistle: :lol:

Here are three different incarnations; '28, '34 and '53. They got a bit bigger sometime between 1930 and 1934.

DSCF1492-1.JPG

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2vvx4isv said:
Thanks, BB... ](*,)

Well as I said, Adam, I'm happy to leave that one anyway; being as how I'm trying to go as largely pre-war as possible. :whistle: :lol:

Here are three different incarnations; '28, '34 and '53. They got a bit bigger sometime between 1930 and 1934.

DSCF1492-1.JPG

Cheers, Alf

Too late, its boxed up. and wrapped with about 100m of tape - so no, I'm not taking it back out!

Adam

Back