Tools 2005 Gloaters are Welcome

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The day is nearly here when all you lucky WW's will be off to deepest Devon, :( :cry: have a nice 1,2 or 3 days out and please share your gloats with someone whose next available show is Yandles next year.

I'll second that - bring on the gloats :evil:, its better than nothing :cry: . Just make sure you all take lots of interesting photos of the show for us as well...

Cheers,
Neil

Well I am just about ready to set off. :D
Bag packed, plastic at the ready! :whistle:
GPS programed. just hope the roads are not too bad. :?

Hope to see lots of you tomorrow at noon. 8)

I have the camera, you have been warned. :roll:

Well I don't know if I'll be bothering to buy anything this time but will take some pretty pictures for you Waka :wink:
Am clutching my ticket so I don't forget it already............ :roll:
Philly :D

Philly":ns0agyxz said:
Well I don't know if I'll be bothering to buy anything this time but will take some pretty pictures for you Waka :wink:

Be gone with you.

Philly":14h8tr0d said:

In another thread on the new BU LV Jointer, Philly wrote "Funnily enough, it is on my "Thursday List"........... "

Pull the other one ;).

Cheers

Gidon

(I'm not going to buy anything tomorrow either :^o)

Waka
As you know, I have a pick up to make in Lyme tomorrow evening so it seems like a good idea to take the van, after all 400 doz scallops don't take up that much room do they? Plenty of room left to fit in a T***** and a ***** with a ******** wedged in the side and a couple of ******'s chucked on the top and perhaps even room left for Philly's undoubted overflow...
Sounds like Terry's meeting place is going to be a bit crowded!

Shame you can't make it, you could help me carry stuff out to the van.... :twisted:
Best Regards and see you in a couple of weeks.
Martin

Philly":2epbgjz3 said:
ROTFL
Nice one Martin :lol:

I might not be able to make the show, but the parcels have already stated arriving at home, just a shame I have to wait for the LVBU Jointer and fence that is out of stock at Lee Valley, hopefully winging its way across the pond in a couple of weeks. :lol: :lol:

Now what about a Tormak? :wink:

Enjoy yourselfs guys and gals.

Was going to come on thursday but just decorated the house from top to bottom with 2 new beds and carpets :cry: :cry: but did receive my new Triton router yesterday. So I will play with that while you enjoy yourselfs. Be careful with the tipples in the night time you might end up spending more with a mussy head. :wink: :roll:

See you at Yandles in spring all being well.

Les

Ker-ching go those cash registers. :roll:

Unbelieveably quiet in here today.

Adam

So why haven't the rest of us gone this morning? Work, no money, too far, got everything already?

Personally the main reason for me is that it is just too expensive to go - flying would be relatively cheap, but then I couldn't bring much back with me. Taking the car over would cost in the region of £500 by the time I had paid for accomodation as well - that would buy a lot of mail-order tools! Also my new workshop is a long way from being complete, and work on it has ground to a halt since our little arrival in July. Not much point buying anything until I have somewhere to put it, and some time to use it! Still, SWMBO has told me to get a Jet 54A as soon as I'm ready for it 8)

Must go one year though. Maybe next year??

Cheers,
Neil

Neil":2hmso8d6 said:
So why haven't the rest of us gone this morning? Work, no money, too far, got everything already? Cheers, Neil

Need my annual leave unfortunately, in case we move house, unfortunately the chain is breaking up as I type, so I'm super stressed.

Adam

Adam":1jinrdql said:
unfortunately the chain is breaking up as I type, so I'm super stressed.

I hope it works out, Adam - buying and selling houses is stressful enough as it is, without the horrible chains you get in the UK :(. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

cheers,
Neil

earlier in the year I was expecting to be redundant by now & have plenty of time on my hands (& money) & would probably have gone. Well the redundancy has been postponed twice (bad news for me) and may now not happen until Feb/Mar - there are even signs now that it may not happen at all which will be a real let down.

Andy

Hi reason for not going, too far to go and I'm waiting for the North of England show, in Harogate, So I can call in a few timber yards while up there. I'm up there for the week with the caravan, so I just fill it with wood on the way home, make a good covered trailer.

Neil

Just spoken to Philly at the show and he assures me that there's not much there and he's not enjoying himself.

What do you call a guy that comes out with that sort of statement?

Waka":ysp02lg0 said:
Just spoken to Philly at the show and he assures me that there's not much there and he's not enjoying himself.

What do you call a guy that comes out with that sort of statement?

Impecunious? A lawyer?

I'm afraid the show was just too far for me to travel.

Gill

Back