Toolovation USA Woodworking Supplier now here in UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aden30mm

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up.

I do buy from time to time items from USA websites. When I was trying to get a metric item from across pond I discovered this UK site selling our type of kit, made in the USA (well made in china for USA site probably nearer to the truth).

I have no connection with this site other than a buyer of their items (first item bought today).

Apologies if this site is already know to our forum. If folks use this vendor it may be useful to provide feedback. Site details below:

http://www.toolovation.co.uk/

Finally, seasons greeting to all.

Kind regards

Aden

davin":1a7v2mn6 said:
Thanks for that.
Some different products there...
(just a shame they haven't evolved to use metric yet!)

davin

Haven't they? Or did we (in Europe) "devolve" when we went metric :)

I'm of the generation that uses mm for fine stuff and imperial for everything else. I've no idea what a kilometre is in my minds eye!!

Random Orbital Bob":2qjbif30 said:
davin":2qjbif30 said:
Thanks for that.
Some different products there...
(just a shame they haven't evolved to use metric yet!)

davin

Haven't they? Or did we (in Europe) "devolve" when we went metric :)

I'm of the generation that uses mm for fine stuff and imperial for everything else. I've no idea what a kilometre is in my minds eye!!

I was recently reading quite a long cutting list for a spice cupboard with drawers,
in paragraph (not list) form in a 1910 era book, scattered with mixed denominations (halves, quarters, eighths, sixteenths)
for the fractions. It was a confusing mess.

Give me metric every time!

BugBear

The simple scribe looks like a cool gadget and cheap :)

I use whichever measurement system works with the materials and tools being used, and/or easiest to divide/add etc.

Only teasing regarding metric. You use what works for you, and imperial doesn't work for me.
Agreed I like the scribe as well. Even though it's cheap I am going to have a go at making one. (in metric!)

Back